Author Topic: Intro  (Read 2883 times)

P2PFact

• View Profile
Intro
« on: April 10, 2014, 10:19:11 PM »
I have been following what's happening in P2P lending world for a few months and would like to dig deeper in this field via this great site.

I come from an engineering background and was amazed by how much data is available in this world. Currently I'm digging into the data via statistical analysis and once I find something interesting would love to share with everyone. I'm hoping some of my findings will help members here achieve higher return and more importantly understand the risks.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:04:37 PM »
I'm hoping some of my findings will help members here achieve higher return and more importantly understand the risks.

So you have come here to increase all of our returns by digging up something in short order that nobody else has been able to locate in ~7 years.  Hey I'm all for that!  After that, next week I could use a free energy device if it's not too much trouble.  Oh, how selfish of me... there are some folks looking for an aircraft in the ocean that could use some help first.  Then in May maybe you could build us a moon base because those pesky Russians are getting out of control again and a moon base would be to our advantage.

As for understanding the risks, what makes you think people don't already understand there is risk here?  You can't get very far in p2p lending without encountering painful and frequent reminders, and that's even when things are going well.

Bohb Daishi

• I eat free lunches
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:20:35 AM »
Welcome to the forums P2PFact! I see you've already met Core, our greeter. He's still pretty upset after being fired from his previous job as one of DanB's fluffers. He's been displacing his anger ever since. It's quite unhealthy, if you ask me.

I'm digging into the data via statistical analysis

Are you focusing credit attributes? Or are you delving into the much more difficult arena of note pricing on FolioFN?
There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 03:12:05 AM »
He's still pretty upset after being fired from his previous job as one of DanB's fluffers.

That job sucked, so I'm not upset about that at all.  The whole ordeal did leave a rather bad taste in my mouth though.

P2PFact, do you hang out at any engineering sites?  Does everyone's username start with "Engineer" there?  I can imagine it would be quite hard to keep people straight that way.  Since you are all assembled there to discuss engineering in the first place, it would seem rather silly to include this redundant information.  Most engineers I know are fairly logical people (except for civil engineers) so I'm just trying to understand.  Please tell me you aren't starting a blog or something.

P2PFact

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 10:41:19 PM »
Thank you Bohb Daishi and Core for the greeting! I bet this community will grow exponentially given so many interesting people here.

New Jersey Guy

• Hell Yea it's a Hemi!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 11:00:50 AM »
I bet this community will grow exponentially given so many interesting people here.

Mmmmmm, that's correct.  We noticed a surge in new members when inmates at minimum security prisons were allowed to use the internet. 
Return over deposits:   66.82%
IRR:   86.54%
As of April 30, 2014