Author Topic: Newbe just getting feet wet in this blog  (Read 4175 times)

wamjr1

• View Profile
    • Email
Newbe just getting feet wet in this blog
« on: April 24, 2014, 01:37:31 AM »
I am a newbe waiting for some funds to be transferred from my bank.  A friend has got me interested in the Lending Club, and I am looking forward to giving it a go.  I understand that new notes are posted at  particular times each day.  Can anyone point me to where I can learn what those times are?  Be happy with any advice anyone sees fit to offer. I will feel ignored if Core doesn't give me a blast.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world:  those who understand binary and those who don't!

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe just getting feet wet in this blog
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 01:55:22 AM »
I understand that new notes are posted at  particular times each day.  Can anyone point me to where I can learn what those times are?

I don't invest in new notes (I'm strictly Folio only) but I believe the times are still 6AM, 10AM, 2PM, and 6PM Pacific Time.  These same times are listed on this LC blog post:  http://blog.lendingclub.com/2013/04/20/a-note-on-our-recent-loan-volume/

I will feel ignored if Core doesn't give me a blast.

With an avatar that says "Fear the goat", you almost make it too easy.  But we try to keep things PG-13 rated around here, and what you do in the privacy of your own barnyard is your own business.  Let us not speak of such things.  Not today, at least... I would not want to be accused of adding to the "muck" around here twice in the same day.

As for the advice:  Use/build some automation.  Don't say anything on the forum you wouldn't say to LC's face because they have placed double naught spies here.  Get yourself an account rep assigned now so you have someone to complain to, and someone to chat up if you get lonely.  rlv99 may be able to give you better tips there.  If you get really lucky you will be assigned Stephanie for a rep and you guys can talk shop... goats and horses.  I would be careful about taking tax advice from random posts because most of it is wrong, and those who know it's wrong choose not to say so for some reason.  And in general all the advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:14:24 AM by core »

Bohb Daishi

• I eat free lunches
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 02:47:52 AM »
I will feel ignored if Core doesn't give me a blast.

With an avatar that says "Fear the goat", you almost make it too easy.  But we try to keep things PG-13 rated around here, and what you do in the privacy of your own barnyard is your own business.  Let us not speak of such things.

Why not? This is an open forum. If you rural elite want to talk about the barnyard activities that you participate in, you should feel empowered to do so.
There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat.

wamjr1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 11:57:32 AM »
Thanks Core.  I feel official now.  I don't know anything about folios yet, but plan on learning.  Appreciate the times. 
There are 10 kinds of people in the world:  those who understand binary and those who don't!

pd103kid

• Always hoping for a better return!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 01:23:36 PM »
Welcome 'Wamjr1'...

You must have been a Chief some time to know the phrase. Even Admirals should fear to tread some where! There are some levels in any service where you must ask permission or suffer the consequences.

I would also suggest the same holds true for 'The Scottish Play' - why chance it?

More power to those who understand the basic truth in nature - the universe is binary. Old Assembler programmers never die but simply lose their bits one by one!

Joe
Continuing to recover from Open Heart surgery to replace my Aortic Valve along with the implantation of a Pacemaker. Life continues on but at a much slower pace...

gamassey

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 02:33:52 PM »
Hello Bill, glad to see you found this group.  There are lots of really smart people participating here.

I hope your funds came in last week, this week the number of available loans has dropped to very low levels.  For the first time in over a month most of my filters are returning no loans.

Allen