Author Topic: New web interface affect 29Apr2014 8pm purchases  (Read 14461 times)

lascott

• View Profile
    • Appreciate my post and want to try LendingRobot? URL below
Re: Re: New web interface affect 29Apr2014 8pm purchases
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 09:50:58 PM »
I don't know what to tell you about the last batch today. It appears to have kicked off correctly on my side and proceeded to invest for many users. Maybe there were no matches for you. If the problem persists, let's debug the issue so we can get everything going again.
I just checked my emails from LC and it appears 1 did get purchased so I must have overlooked something manually at 8pm. THANKS for being so responsive to issues even if they are out of your control (ie. changes made by LC, etc)!
Tools I use: (main) BlueVestment: https://www.bluevestment.com/app/pricing + https://www.interestradar.com/ , (others) Lending Robot referral link: https://www.lendingrobot.com/ref/scott473/  & Peercube referral code: DFVA9Y

lascott

• View Profile
Re: New web interface affect 29Apr2014 8pm purchases
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 09:08:39 AM »
FYI, appears to be working as expect at the 8am drop.
Tools I use: (main) BlueVestment: https://www.bluevestment.com/app/pricing + https://www.interestradar.com/ , (others) Lending Robot referral link: https://www.lendingrobot.com/ref/scott473/  & Peercube referral code: DFVA9Y

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 09:09:49 AM »
FYI, appears to be working as expect at the 8am drop.

Great to hear

lascott

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 09:19:09 AM »
Another little gotcha going on with: P2P-Picks <-> BV <-> LC ?

I was checking P2P-Picks this morning before I went out for the day and saw notes I should have picked up.  Nothing happened in BV tho (except notes dropping out of the 24hr dashboard display).  I could be wrong about what I should pick up but with P2P-Picks filters it is pretty straight forward and when it shows new notes with Funded (%) = 0 those look like they should be picked up (assuming top x % matches and grade if applicable).

Perhaps an information msg can show up in the interface when it gracefully exits some process because something went wrong? (other day CSV format change, etc).

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 09:20:41 AM »
Another little gotcha going on with: P2P-Picks <-> BV <-> LC ?

I was checking P2P-Picks this morning before I went out for the day and saw notes I should have picked up.  Nothing happened in BV tho (except notes dropping out of the 24hr dashboard display).  I could be wrong about what I should pick up but with P2P-Picks filters it is pretty straight forward and when it shows new notes with Funded (%) = 0 those look like they should be picked up (assuming top x % matches and grade if applicable).

Perhaps an information msg can show up in the interface when it gracefully exits some process because something went wrong? (other day CSV format change, etc).

I'll check to see if there was an issue.

Nathan

lascott

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 09:26:31 AM »
I see 1 just popped up in the 24hr dashboard a minute ago so 8:20ish.  Oddly there still looks like there are 2 others in the P2P-Picks display right now that should be picked up. 0 % funded.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 10:06:20 AM »
I see 1 just popped up in the 24hr dashboard a minute ago so 8:20ish.  Oddly there still looks like there are 2 others in the P2P-Picks display right now that should be picked up. 0 % funded.
I would say that I don't know how BV works, but we aren't the only person on the platform like a personal API.  As a result, I imagine we don't get every note available due to this.  Perhaps its an incorrect assumption of mine, but that's how I've always viewed it.

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 10:13:31 AM »
I would say that I don't know how BV works, but we aren't the only person on the platform like a personal API.  As a result, I imagine we don't get every note available due to this.  Perhaps its an incorrect assumption of mine, but that's how I've always viewed it.

Correct. There are other services out there. But the bulk of the users are the you's and me's of the community that just want to do something for themselves. I can't guarantee that BV is the fastest (the metrics aren't available to prove or indicate anything), but I pride myself on building a fast, lean, and agile system. This is the sort of thing I do in my day job and the skillset I've built my career around. At this point, I firmly believe that the only real way for BV to get faster is to throw money at the problem. Bigger servers with oodles (128gb) of memory and super cutting edge xeon processors. Putting the servers in the next physical rack over from the LC servers, etc. While we may not be the fastest, I'd be very surprised if there were many faster. With that being said, the BV technology is licensed by other individuals/institutions who DO indeed have the resources to provide this level of infrastructure.

Nathan

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 10:30:07 AM »
This is the sort of thing I do in my day job and the skillset I've built my career around.

And what kind of day job might that be?  Do you develop software which lies, cheats, and steals in order to trounce the next guy?  If not...  :-\

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 10:32:12 AM »
This is the sort of thing I do in my day job and the skillset I've built my career around.

And what kind of day job might that be?  Do you develop software which lies, cheats, and steals in order to trounce the next guy?  If not...  :-\

You can feel free to read my bio on the BlueVestment site or look me up on linked in.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 10:59:24 AM »
You can feel free to read my bio on the BlueVestment site

I tried that but the site is unusable with the login form covering up the right half of the upper navbar.  (At least I'm assuming that's where an About link would be.)  I also tried blueairsolutions.com but that was a very professional parked-at-GoDaddy page.  I have no doubt that the BV site works fine once you log in, since that blasted login deal would go away.

Not everyone has a 1600px+ wide monitor.  I guess I'm behind the times.  But I don't need 128gigs of ram and xenon processors and the other silliness mentioned to dish out spankings.  Neither does anyone else, once they concentrate on novel methods instead of trying to do something slow as fast as possible.

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: New web interface affect 29Apr2014 8pm purchases
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 11:03:36 AM »

I tried that but the site is unusable with the login form covering up the right half of the upper navbar.  (At least I'm assuming that's where an About link would be.)  I also tried blueairsolutions.com but that was a very professional parked-at-GoDaddy page.  I have no doubt that the BV site works fine once you log in, since that blasted login deal would go away.

Not everyone has a 1600px+ wide monitor.  I guess I'm behind the times.  But I don't need 128gigs of ram and xenon processors and the other silliness mentioned to dish out spankings.  Neither does anyone else, once they concentrate on novel methods instead of trying to do something slow as fast as possible.

That's good feedback about the login bar. It was built for a resolution of 1366x768 but I agree it should be relocated.

As for the rest of your comment I'm glad to hear that you are an expert on systems design of HFT systems which focus on scalability. Maybe one of these days I'll be working for you.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2014, 11:25:04 AM »
As for the rest of your comment I'm glad to hear that you are an expert on systems design of HFT systems which focus on scalability.

As you well know I didn't claim anything of the sort.  If that's what you do you could have said that in a straightforward manner.  The most scalable things are often not the fastest.  Also since you mentioned HFT... stock exchanges have strict rules.  Lending Club does NOT, at present.  It's still pretty much the wild west here.  If you play LC like it's legit like the NASDAQ then you're going to lose, at least at present.  If you don't live each week expecting a call from someone telling you to knock off whatever it is you're doing, then you aren't trying hard enough. 

Sure, years down the road everyone will have to play by the same rules, be on equal footing, and then it may be down to the processors and physical location.  That day ain't even close though.

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 12:12:16 PM »
As for the rest of your comment I'm glad to hear that you are an expert on systems design of HFT systems which focus on scalability.

As you well know I didn't claim anything of the sort.  If that's what you do you could have said that in a straightforward manner.  The most scalable things are often not the fastest.  Also since you mentioned HFT... stock exchanges have strict rules.  Lending Club does NOT, at present.  It's still pretty much the wild west here.  If you play LC like it's legit like the NASDAQ then you're going to lose, at least at present.  If you don't live each week expecting a call from someone telling you to knock off whatever it is you're doing, then you aren't trying hard enough. 

Sure, years down the road everyone will have to play by the same rules, be on equal footing, and then it may be down to the processors and physical location.  That day ain't even close though.

I hear where you are coming from on this and you are right, this isn't a traditional securities exchange. However I disagree with you on your comment about expecting a phone call from people telling you to 'knock it off' (at least as a measure of success). While I have been at the receiving end of this phone call before, there is a balance to it. You won't get very far in your life/career/interests without trust and respect. Being 'right' is important. Extremely so even. Unfortunately, it's just one factor that leads to success. Your views on things remind me of Ray Dalio of Bridgewater (http://www.bwater.com/home/culture--principles.aspx). The focus of always being right and performance over all things leads to a really crappy culture. It's a sure fire way to create an environment of resentment and apprehension. On top of this, it's a guarantee that you won't be fostering good will with people who you need it with. You'd be surprised when you need a favor and who might be out there who can help you. Building trust and respect is paramount to success in my opinion.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 03:35:03 PM »

Nathan (last I checked) actually works at one of my favorite investment management firms.  His bio looked very impressive to me (a non-super techy).  And the firm I imagine is competitive given its stature.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 03:42:13 PM by rawraw »