Author Topic: No best loans on LC platform - are you serious?  (Read 13652 times)

rawraw

• View Profile
Re: No best loans on LC platform - are you serious?
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 07:25:51 PM »
I have accounts that have done well on the LC and Prosper platform.  Data from http://lendstats.com/ will prove investors can outperform in the P2P market.  Luck is great... But, to outperform, skill is necessary.
Selling on the secondary market isn't that skillful ha ha

Not sure what you mean by this...  My approach to investing in notes is a buy and hold strategy.  Trading on the secondary market is too time consuming...
Ohh sorry then.  Normally outliers offload notes before they charge off.  Less of them around now that they made it harder.  I'd be curious what your general strategy has been.  And one thing people seem to forget in all aspects of finance is high returns tend to be much more volatile.  So hopefully whatever your strategy is has considered that prospect if we have an exogenous shock (which i'm sure will happen, just don't know how long it'll take.  Could be next month or a decade) and how that would impact the type of borrower your lending to.  But congrats on the performance so far!