Author Topic: Payment History File  (Read 4730 times)

rawraw

• View Profile
Payment History File
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:18:26 AM »
I can't find the link to the payment history file again.   Wanted to share it with a buddy.  Someone help me out?

Rob L

• View Profile
Re: Payment History File
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 07:06:11 AM »
Here it is:
http://additionalstatistics.lendingclub.com/

Looks like they jazzed it up a bit since last time. Apparently no longer part of the LC Blog.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 04:47:38 PM »
Here it is:
http://additionalstatistics.lendingclub.com/

Looks like they jazzed it up a bit since last time. Apparently no longer part of the LC Blog.
I kept going to the blog and couldn't find it.  Thanks!

P2PFact

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 04:20:20 PM »
Happen to have a question related to this. Haven't dig into this payment history file yet. Do you guys know how lending club set up the payment schedule? It's monthly but is it like mortgage so 1st of every month? Or it's one month apart from issue date.

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 11:23:30 PM »
From the issue date, but sometimes LC will change it for the convenience of the borrower if problems with payments arise.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 01:01:00 AM »
LC allows the borrower to pick the day-of-month on which the payments are due.  They allow this to be plus or minus 14 days from the day-of-month on which the loan issues.

I think its a bit of an insult to lenders to tell us that the loan is going to be at a certain interest rate, and then add a 2 week delay, which reduces our effective rate.  However, LC views this as an advantage for the borrower, as they can choose a date conveniently after payday.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 11:42:59 AM »
I'm trying to build a migration table for some vintages, but having trouble figuring out why my totals are acting screwy.  It works fine on only a few loans, but there a some loans screwing things up!  The love of learning how data is outputted for the first time

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 12:37:18 PM »
I'm trying to build a migration table for some vintages, but having trouble figuring out why my totals are acting screwy.  It works fine on only a few loans, but there a some loans screwing things up!  The love of learning how data is outputted for the first time

What kind of "totals" are you using?
- total number of loans
- total dollar amount of loans

It's probably easier to setup migratory pattern in term of total number of loans, and construct your initial transition table as follows:

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 12:41:35 PM »

- total number of loans

It's probably easier to setup migratory pattern in term of total number of loans, and construct your initial transition table as follows:

That's a good point.  I was doing dollar and I couldn't get it to tie in all periods -- I'll try this

P2PFact

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 03:48:10 PM »
I think its a bit of an insult to lenders to tell us that the loan is going to be at a certain interest rate, and then add a 2 week delay, which reduces our effective rate.  However, LC views this as an advantage for the borrower, as they can choose a date conveniently after payday.

Thx vm guys for your input on this. I suppose once first payment date is set, every subsequent one should be one month apart and there is no more flexibility for borrowers, right?

Besides lost interest for lender, it's also inconvenient for lenders to project future cash flows. I would prefer receive interest on all loans on one singe date.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 04:06:31 PM »

- total number of loans

This worked and it was so simple.  Thanks Fred for your quant expertise. I'll figure out the dollar stuff later, once I exhaust what I can do with that simplifying assumption of equal size.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 04:47:03 PM »
I suppose once first payment date is set, every subsequent one should be one month apart and there is no more flexibility for borrowers, right?

Well, ideally, but of course some payments can and do come in early and some late.