Author Topic: 2% Bonus on Cash Invested!  (Read 4706 times)

priuspilot

• View Profile
2% Bonus on Cash Invested!
« on: October 23, 2012, 03:36:14 PM »
Just got this email from Prosper:

"We have a lot to celebrate here at Prosper, and we'd like you to join us. As our platform continues to grow, we've seen increased coverage by publications like The Wall Street Journal, NPR, and CNBC, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you.
As thanks for your continued commitment to Prosper, you'll earn 2% cash back on all new funds transferred onto the platform and invested in Notes with a Prosper Rating of AA, A, B, or C through November 30th.* This offer is exclusive to our current investors, so thank you again and happy investing!"

2% Guaranteed return? Yes, Please!!

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
Re: 2% Bonus on Cash Invested!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 11:27:04 PM »
Interesting. I have received this offer on one of my Prosper accounts but not the other. I will have to do some checking to see who is getting this offer because it sounds like a good deal. Although I don't like investing in AA or A grade loans. But I could certainly be persuaded to invest in some 5 year C-grade loans at 23% with a 2% bonus.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

priuspilot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 06:48:32 AM »
I put some money into C-grade loans yesterday as well. As far as not being offered to all your accounts, that reminds me of a question that was nagging me.. does this apply to IRA accounts as well? If you wanted to spend ALOT of time on the platform and max out for Roth, right now would seem to be an incredible time to do that.

Also, I thought it was interesting how this is reserved for higher-grade loans. I've noticed a much larger # of loans listed from last month (from < 100 loans listed to now over 300) and a HUGE glut of AA and A loans that pay 7% or less. Seems like high-grade loans aren't getting much love.

Also, according to nickel steamroller, the total dollar amount issued has been steady declining this month in spite of this large number of listings. Meanwhile the $ listed on LC has been steadily ballooning. Perhaps there's a supply/demand problem at Prosper and they're trying to push these loans out the door.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 11:52:29 AM »
I have an email into the head of marketing at Prosper to see if I can get some clarification on this offer. There is an interesting mix of loans right now on the Prosper platform. There are a ton of HR loans right now, a few D and E loans and then close to half the loans are C and above. I wouldn't say there are a huge glut of sub 7% loans but there are certainly plenty C grade and above. Obviously Prosper thinks these loans are not getting enough love or else they wouldn't be having this promotion.

Also, when looking at the Nickelsteamroller numbers I wouldn't pay too much attention to declining numbers on Prosper. Their loan origination tends to go in bursts with a huge burst usually coming in the last two days of the month.

priuspilot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
Very cool.. looking forward to updates!

rajuabju

• The One & Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 04:04:44 PM »
I just opened my account at Prosper this past week, and received this offer immediately.

But as I'm not interested in those grade loans, dont plan to take advantage of it.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 04:55:57 PM »
I heard back from the head of marketing at Prosper on this and while he didn't share the reasons for the promotion he did say that it is available for all investors until Nov 30th. The other 3% cash back offer is mentioned in another thread and that is only available for three days.