Author Topic: Automatically downloading notes.csv file: anyone know how to  (Read 14440 times)

RaymondG

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Automatically downloading notes.csv file: anyone know how to
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 11:58:26 PM »
I could not figure out why browseNotes.csv was downloaded in 3 seconds in a few seconds ago then it took 20+ seconds to download the file. I monitored the Network connection activity. It seems like the speed for downloading browseNots.csv was capped at about 42kB/s at most times. The speed was above 500KB/s when I downloaded large files from other web sites for test immediately. Does Lending club have restriction on bandwidth of downloading?

Starting from the right of the attached screen shot, the first two spikes in network activities corresponds to downloads within 3 seconds. The third and flat shape shows that browseNotes.csv was downloaded at 42KB/s with total 20+ seconds being taken :(
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:32:59 AM by RaymondG »

RaymondG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 11:31:24 AM »
I don't really know what you are saying, but if you are telling us that LC's servers slow down by a factor of 10 at feeding times then you are correct.

I did the tests at midnight. I am trying to understand why the time taken to download browseNotes.csv through LC's browse note page differed so much in the downloading tests taking place within several minutes. Cleaning the browser's cache seemed not make it better.

RaymondG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 01:02:13 AM »
Finally find a solution after numerous search and tries. It passed several tests in a row. Looking forward how it will do in real runs.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:06:10 AM by RaymondG »

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 01:08:41 AM »
Raymond- 

If you had find solution please tell so other browser see.

RaymondG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 01:25:31 AM »
I will share if it could pass every run in several days. Cross my fingers...

RaymondG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 02:02:22 PM »
I will share if it could pass every run in several days. Cross my fingers...

Worked in the morning, then failed at noon. Now, it's back to slow downloading totally again. Weird. I would probably give up. Not know it's because Internet Explorer or LC.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2014, 09:27:21 PM »
... Not know it's because Internet Explorer or LC.

I do not think this is an issue with LC; my download has been consistently in the 3-second range.

BTW, I do not use Internet Explorer.

RaymondG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 11:32:25 PM »
... Not know it's because Internet Explorer or LC.

I do not think this is an issue with LC; my download has been consistently in the 3-second range.

BTW, I do not use Internet Explorer.

@Fred. Thank you. You cleared one of my concerns. I do not have the API and have to use the web link on LC's Browse Note page to download the browseNotes.csv file. I tried other browsers too. Google Chrome performs the same like IE. FireFox is much better though not always be able to download the file in 3 seconds. I have to look into my router tonight. I am using Verizon FIOS internet service.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:03:30 AM by RaymondG »

RaymondG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2014, 11:25:17 PM »
The downloading is much faster using the new Download All link (file is secure-primaryMarketNotes-browseNotes_1-RETAIL.csv). I have experienced shorter downloading time from 3 to 5 seconds instead of 20+ seconds at most times in the past. LC finally improved this little thing. Thanks.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2014, 11:32:58 PM »
I could not figure out why browseNotes.csv was downloaded in 3 seconds in a few seconds ago then it took 20+ seconds to download the file.

I've noticed the same thing when using the equivalent API function.  Often I get the available loans in 1 second, or 2 or 3, but occasionally it takes 15 to 20 seconds. 

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 09:59:24 PM »
Woo woo. I feel special:

https://resources.lendingclub.com/secure/primaryMarketNotes/browseNotes_1-INSTITUTIONAL.csv

Guessing this just means I have whole loan access, which anyone can get.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:03:10 PM by brycemason »

RaymondG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 12:36:35 AM »
I could not figure out why browseNotes.csv was downloaded in 3 seconds in a few seconds ago then it took 20+ seconds to download the file.

I've noticed the same thing when using the equivalent API function.  Often I get the available loans in 1 second, or 2 or 3, but occasionally it takes 15 to 20 seconds.

With the new download link, the time is constant below 4 seconds. But be aware that the new loans will not be included in the downloaded CSV file until many seconds after you see the number of loans was changed on the Browse Notes web page.