Author Topic: Where are all the high quality loans?  (Read 19030 times)

rawraw

• View Profile
Re: Where are all the high quality loans?
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 05:56:27 PM »
Executed 15 trades today.  Still at 9% cash

JoeB

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 06:04:26 PM »
Executed 15 trades today.  Still at 9% cash

How many have you executed on other Mondays or Tuesdays? I still think something is up.
Best to all,

JB

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »
I'm not having any trouble, so I suspect you fellows are into some corner of the market which is experiencing some disruption at the moment.

JoeB

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2014, 08:18:25 PM »
Yes, well you may not be but there are clearly others and myself plus the silent majority who have not chimed in that have noticed a distinct difference in recent times. My filters have been the same for 2 months and I was pulling a good amount of qualified loans to purchase from; not lately.

Additionally, I have Renton's filters listed and they are clearly pulling fewer.
Best to all,

JB

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2014, 08:31:45 PM »
Yes, well you may not be but there are clearly others and myself plus the silent majority who have not chimed in that have noticed a distinct difference in recent times.

Or perhaps the silent majority is silent because they're not having any trouble.

JoeB

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 08:43:03 PM »
Possibly and a good point but the fact remains, there are most certainly fewer loans. In fact, I just ran Renton's filters with showing all listings (not just recent listings) and his 'high income' showed the most dismal results. All in fact showed fewer results than previous weeks.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:44:34 PM by JoeB »
Best to all,

JB

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 08:55:36 PM »
...there are most certainly fewer loans. In fact, I just ran Renton's filters... All in fact showed fewer results than previous weeks.

Sure.  Some weeks there will be more.  Some weeks there will be fewer.   I don't see that as a crisis.

The fact that Peter published those filters means many people have copied them, and that alone will reduce availability of matching loans.

Inventory goes up and down, but I have no trouble buying loans almost every day.  If the stuff you want is in short supply, chances are in a week or so there will be more available.  That's been my experience.

AnilG

• View Profile
    • PeerCube
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 08:57:32 PM »
Couple of weeks ago, we had about 1,500 loans available on Lending Club. Now we have about 1,000. Also, loans are staying longer on the platform before being fully funded. I guess summer doldrum for both borrowers and lenders.
---
Anil Gupta
PeerCube Thoughts blog https://www.peercube.com/blog
PeerCube https://www.peercube.com

JoeB

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 09:13:45 PM »
Now there is a logical reply, summer doldrums! I'll buy that. Let's see what happens over the next couple weeks.

And as far as others copying Renton, true but the quality is down from each issuing period.
Best to all,

JB

Thatguybil

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 09:20:21 PM »
I don't think the problem is institutional investors (for my filters, at least.) I check as soon as new notes are uploaded, and I'm just not seeing many notes at all.

For the record, I've been investing in high income C-G notes, but it has really slowed down.

Perhapse LC has changed the grading on high income borrowers such that more are falling into A,B,C and less into C,D,G?

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 09:22:53 PM »
My 15 matches is below what I would expect.  On a normal Monday, whatever that means, I think I'd be almost fully invested.  Not quite sure the change

I got 23 more matches at the 8 PM feeding.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:43:27 PM by rawraw »

JoeB

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 09:44:56 PM »
What I'm finding is fewer quality C and D (assuming what you consider "quality"). There have been much less to choose from and there have been much less that meet my filtering than 2 weeks ago. We'll see how it goes over the next few weeks. I picked up one loan at 9pm tonight and it was a stretch.  :)

I've gone into B4 and B5 loans for the first time as a result.

I was investing $2500 every 2-3 weeks or so but my recent $2500 is verry slooow going.
Best to all,

JB

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 11:08:06 PM »
I was investing $2500 every 2-3 weeks or so but my recent $2500 is verry slooow going.

If you mentioned how many notes you own I missed it.  Perhaps you need to invest more $ per loan, so that you get the $ moved in that you want, without using so many loans.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 01:51:21 AM »
Perhaps you need to invest more $ per loan, so that you get the $ moved in that you want, without using so many loans.

Anyone here uses Kelly Criterion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_criterion) to determine how much to invest on a particular loan?

JoeB

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 08:10:37 AM »
My account is still too small to up the ante; only 450 loans thus far and rising. :)
Best to all,

JB