Author Topic: Powered by force.com  (Read 12987 times)

Fred

• View Profile
Powered by force.com
« on: August 21, 2014, 03:55:48 AM »
Encountered an error when trying to visit: http://kb.lendingclub.com/investor/articles/Investor/

Looks like the Investor portion of LC KnowledgeBase is hosted in force.com, which is a part of salesforce.com.

Also, tmichels seems to be the person responsible for the site.  Anybody has interacted with him/her before?

turing

• View Profile
    • PeerToPeerQuant.com
    • Email
Re: Powered by force.com
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:52:11 AM »
Never interacted with him before.  I imagine all of their customer service stuff runs on Salesforce then, or at least a large portion of it.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 02:58:31 PM »
Where is Core when we need him

turing

• View Profile
    • PeerToPeerQuant.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 03:17:50 PM »

Who is this mythical "Core"?  I've heard him referred to in two different threads.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 05:14:28 PM »

Who is this mythical "Core"?  I've heard him referred to in two different threads.
If his account still exists, search for his posts.  He was a very tech savvy guy with a sketchy past, a love of conspiracy theories, and a little too good at doing internet investigation work.  His arch nemesis was Dan B and together with NJ Guy, they ruled this forum.  I think for a while they generated 90% of the content here.  Needless to say, much of the discussions were off topic

Randawl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM »

One of our "old" members who made lots of useful contributions and discussions.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 06:26:29 AM »

Core's posts are all still around. He made some very useful contributions and was one of the smartest guys on here. But he was also somewhat abrasive and he didn't like the rules of this forum. I would welcome him back at any time if he wanted to adhere to our standards of conduct - which is basically don't be rude or offensive.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

hoggy1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 08:11:02 AM »
Doesn't seem like that long ago, but his last post was June 2 in a discussion about language. I sent him a PM saying we want him back.
Steve

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 08:23:11 AM »

Core's posts are all still around. He made some very useful contributions and was one of the smartest guys on here. But he was also somewhat abrasive and he didn't like the rules of this forum. I would welcome him back at any time if he wanted to adhere to our standards of conduct - which is basically don't be rude or offensive.

So you would discourage one of the smartest guys who has made some very useful contributions from further posting because you found him "somewhat abrasive"?? That's a rather illuminating statement on your part Peter & clearly illustrates where your priorities are. It also goes a long way in explaining why I too have decided to no longer contribute on this forum. As I recall, I have also been accused & censured by you for being abrasive, offensive etc. Have I not? Isn't it interesting that the 2 people who have historically been (without much doubt) the biggest critics of some aspects of the p2p companies............... are also the same 2 people who have been criticized for being abrasive etc.? The same 2 people who no longer contribute here?

It has never taken a genius to realize that your "welcome" of different opinions has always been less than an inch deep. But do you really have to make it so obvious by hiding behind Peter's rules of etiquette? And incidentally, you do not speak for me, so I'd really appreciate it if you did not refer to the rules here as "our" standards of conduct. They are your standards & not only did you decide on them, but you alone get to interpret what is & isn't a violation of them.

Thatguybil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 11:15:02 AM »
I am mostly a lurker but...
I really do not care about tone or how "nice" some one is.
This is about money.

Good content and insightful comments is worth a lot to me.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »
So you would discourage one of the smartest guys who has made some very useful contributions from further posting because you found him "somewhat abrasive"?? That's a rather illuminating statement on your part Peter & clearly illustrates where your priorities are. It also goes a long way in explaining why I too have decided to no longer contribute on this forum. As I recall, I have also been accused & censured by you for being abrasive, offensive etc. Have I not? Isn't it interesting that the 2 people who have historically been (without much doubt) the biggest critics of some aspects of the p2p companies............... are also the same 2 people who have been criticized for being abrasive etc.? The same 2 people who no longer contribute here?

It has never taken a genius to realize that your "welcome" of different opinions has always been less than an inch deep. But do you really have to make it so obvious by hiding behind Peter's rules of etiquette? And incidentally, you do not speak for me, so I'd really appreciate it if you did not refer to the rules here as "our" standards of conduct. They are your standards & not only did you decide on them, but you alone get to interpret what is & isn't a violation of them.

I have never discouraged anyone from participating on this forum. But I do not tolerate personal attacks on people. I am fine with people criticizing companies, you will see plenty of that when reading through the forums even today, but when someone is rude to another person I step in and tell them to stop. That is all I have ever done.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 05:45:46 PM »

I have never discouraged anyone from participating on this forum. But I do not tolerate personal attacks on people. I am fine with people criticizing companies, you will see plenty of that when reading through the forums even today, but when someone is rude to another person I step in and tell them to stop. That is all I have ever done.

Being the one who sets the rules, interprets those rules & decides who gets censured & admonished discourages participation. Completely deleting posts (like you've done to me) without even mentioning to the members that you've done so, discourages participation. Wide interpretations of tone & civil discourse (when it suits, ask Core about this) put supporters of minority views in a position where they are restricted in making forceful points & calling people & companies out.............thereby discouraging participation that doesn't follow the party line.

So, "plenty" is how you'd characterize the level criticism the companies receive on this site today? Please, I'd like specific names of regular posters that are doing this. Names of posters who I could easily argue you are rudely & disparagingly equating to people like myself & Core who have made numerous & substantial contributions to your blog over a number of years. 

brother7

• Aloha!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 07:07:34 PM »
The thread is starting to go off-topic.  :-\

No, I never heard of tmichels from LC but I understand that SalesForce is a solid platform for a sales team.

Emmanuel

• View Profile
    • LendingRobot
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 08:37:29 PM »
Agreed, I find it rather re-assuring they're using a leading platform.

As for Peter's moderation... Blaming an Administrator for blocking something on the forum he created and he maintains is like going to someone's party and complaining to the host that she hasn't invited the proper guests!

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 06:22:03 AM »
As for Peter's moderation... Blaming an Administrator for blocking something on the forum he created and he maintains is like going to someone's party and complaining to the host that she hasn't invited the proper guests!

I believe it is closer to the situation of going to a party and having the host circulate around telling guests what they can and cannot talk about amongst themselves.  "Conservative topics?  Not at my party."  While it is true that it may be the host's party, I would still find that a bit "odd" and would leave in short order.  Unless, of course, one of DanB's women was in attendance and I needed a victim that night.

As for my being abrasive, sometimes there is no polite way to call a spade a spade.

Regarding tmichels, this is Thys Michels, a software engineer from South Africa with expertise in force.com development.  He was hired by LC in May 2013.