Author Topic: What's up with this WebBank thing?  (Read 21841 times)

SeanMCA

• View Profile
    • deBanked
    • Email
Re: What's up with this WebBank thing?
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2014, 01:44:06 AM »
That flag probably is photoshopped, since it would have to be huge to appear that large in the reflection of the window from that distance.  So what?  Someone "enhanced" the images they use in their advertisements?  That's pretty standard in the professional photography industry, isn't it?  They didn't update their website pics when the moved offices?  Again, who cares?

There are plenty of valid things to criticize LC over ... like decreasing investor returns through (1) knocking off a few days of interest, (2) inexplicably sneaking a "no IRA trading" notice onto the back page of website, (3) holding "approved and funded" notes, that could be issued, near the end of each month, (4) fining INVESTORS 18% if the BORROWER pays 16+ days late, (5) increasingly lackadaisical collection efforts, etc ... These are all things that have changed in the last 20 months since I started participating, and they all eat away at returns.  It's concerning to me that if this much has changed in recent times, to the detriment of investors, where are we headed with this?

I'm more concerned about that, than solving the "who photoshopped the flag" conspiracy theory.

that last line is hilarious.
I'm a merchant cash advance veteran exploring the p2p lending waters.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2014, 03:24:47 AM »
I do take issue with the suggestion that anyone in your part of the country can make $100 by strapping on a leaf blower for just 2 hours on a Saturday.   

That all depends on what one does with the leaf blower after they strap it on.  Dan, the most unskilled person can most certainly make $100 in a couple hours around here.  Even in Iowa, rich people are afraid of leaves.  I based my figures on $25 per leaf blowing, and 30 minutes per job, including travel time.  You can't hardly get your dog polished for less than $25 these days.  This is of course neglecting time spent lining up the jobs, which can be done via email throughout the week. 

I would challenge any $100/mo defaulter to give it some effort.  If one cannot mange such a feat, that is what is called brain damage.  And don't give me any bull about having kids.  Leave them home.  For decades now, it's much safer to leave your kids home alone than leave them with some pervert.

Wow, I didn't know the ice cream truck thing was a sort of universal constant. Good to know.  :)

Yeah Dan it's not just in your neck of the woods.  At least that's what I assumed you meant.  The only thing I'm confused about is, in California, how do you tell the fruit loops apart from the rest of the residents?

I'm more concerned about that, than solving the "who photoshopped the flag" conspiracy theory.

that last line is hilarious.

Yeah lots of people saying there are more important things to worry about.  But those same people keep bringing the flag up.  Some with good arguments (like the size of the flag, thanks GS).  For people that don't care, you guys sure seem to have a lot of input!

This has caused me to revisit the imagery.  I shall let the images speak for themselves.  Like last time, you can click on the image and use Google to 'walk around' for yourself.

Here we see that the flagpole is not all that tall.  There is no slope to the land between these two points, but yet the reflection appears above the actual location of the flag.  The only way this could happen is if the observer is higher than the top story of LC's fake office. 

So, you say, why couldn't the photographer be on the neighboring building on the roof?  Because of the trees in the original photograph.  The 4 trees that visually merged into one.  The photographer would still have to be low enough to catch those trees.  As long as the trees were very tall, it would be possible.

But let's take a look at those 4 trees:

The photographer cannot be any higher than those trees.  Do they look 6+ stories tall?  Didn't think so.  Yes, there is slope here, but the flagpole would still have to be taller than the LC windows.  Which it is definitely not.

This is absolute proof that the picture is FAKE. 

Next question:  If you're going to fake a picture of a flag, why do it "backwards"?  Yes, I understand backwards flags are often used on the starboard side of airplanes and such to give the illusion of motion through the air, but this is not the case here.  Right-to-left wind is never used.

Another example of LendingClub incompetence?  They can't even get a fake photoshop job done right?

hoggy1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2014, 02:53:53 PM »
You guys need to apply for a job with NCIS.
Steve