Author Topic: LC API Failures  (Read 2990 times)

avid investor

• View Profile
LC API Failures
« on: October 29, 2014, 06:05:22 AM »
Noticing that although the new REST API is working in general, it seems to be failing when the heat is on during the normal feeding times.  I am able to perform the HTTP post to get a few new notes, then get a few blank responses (not even a header), then the HTTP post just hangs.  Anyone noticing the same behavior?

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LC API Failures
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 01:48:17 PM »
I invest manually, and the only thing I've noticed is that the feed gets there when I click the filter at exactly :00:00, and then the notes disappear faster than ever after that.  Have been wondering how the automatic download performance compares to  manual now--haven't seen any comments.

Some weird things seemed to happen a couple of times, requiring more time and clicks.  Seems normal to me now.

avid investor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 02:08:02 PM »
Thanks.  With the API routinely able to fund about a half-dozen notes before degrading, I can only assume that it is a throughput issue.  Still testing and diagnosing, however.  From the lack of other postings, it would appear that others are not experiencing the same.  Either my code is worse, or just faster.   :P

avid investor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 05:23:31 PM »
Apparently the documentation was wrong again (shocker).  It claims that if you attempt more than one transaction per second, they'll give you the web service death penalty of a 500 (ISE) error.  Well, they weren't sending any 500's, but with the 5:00 feeding, I slowed down the interface and there were no issues.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 07:35:21 PM »
It claims that if you attempt more than one transaction per second, they'll give you the web service death penalty of a 500 (ISE) error.

The one request per second limitation is also clearly spelled out in the terms, which you no doubt read before you agreed to them, riiight? :)  I had a feeling this was the source of your problems.

Apparently the documentation was wrong again (shocker)

Those same terms that you agreed to prohibit you from making such disparaging statements.  Terms, though, are made to be broken.  I would like to see them try to ban all the API users here though.  It is hard to use Lending Club in a sentence without a disparaging statement.

avid investor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 02:20:54 PM »
Core, as I said, I was checking for the 500 error, but never got one.  I was well aware of the limit, yes.  As for the documentation, it was better in the past.  This release, I have counted no less than 12 significant errors including errors in undocumented content, inaccurate URLs, incorrect content, and missing documentation.  Seems like they rushed to get "something" out for documentation.  Still waiting for the lastPaymentDate issue to be corrected.  All records returned show as "today".

Booleans

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 03:56:12 PM »
I really wish my programming skills were to the point where I knew how to use the API beyond adding it as a service reference in Visual Studio.