Author Topic: Occupation = gangboss  (Read 4175 times)

WES

• View Profile
Occupation = gangboss
« on: November 05, 2014, 01:53:52 PM »
https://www.lendingclub.com/browse/loanDetail.action?loan_id=34423262&previous=browse

Any data on repayment history for your typical, run-of-the-mill gangboss?

kbenson99

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Occupation = gangboss
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 02:32:02 PM »
More than probable, the borrower listed gangboss instead of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevedore.  Since the location is Washington, the borrower is probably a dock worker, longshoreman, etc.

WES

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 02:56:56 PM »
Yep, this is a very logical explanation.  But not near as much fun as what my imagination can conjure.  ::)

Jon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 04:18:13 PM »
More than probable, the borrower listed gangboss instead of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevedore.  Since the location is Washington, the borrower is probably a dock worker, longshoreman, etc.

That zip code starts (98801 - East Wenatchee) in Central WA and generally spreads SE, if the zip code database  website I used is right.   

There's a lot of acreage out there for agriculture, live stock etc, Central WA University and I think there's a data center in that zip code.

I say it's probably slang for Construction Foreman, maybe shop foreman at an auto dealership....

-Jon
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 04:24:00 PM by Jon »

kbenson99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 04:36:22 PM »
Nah, more likely a boss/team leader of a "Gang" which is a work crew of stevedores

gottodo1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 11:58:56 AM »
I used to be one of those silly investors that actually used the comments fields back in the day and I heard some pretty crazy stuff in there about jobs. On one loan the guy told me where his new gas station was going to be and LC didn't like that so the loan was shortly yanked.  I never confirmed it, but one of my buddies said someone listed therapeutic female artist as their job title and had that the loan was for upgrades so they would make more income... Nevertheless it was a good story and fully plausible. Still miss those P2P lending days.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 12:17:58 PM »
I never confirmed it, but one of my buddies said someone listed therapeutic female artist as their job title and had that the loan was for upgrades so they would make more income... Nevertheless it was a good story and fully plausible. Still miss those P2P lending days.

Good story!  Plausible except for "back in the day", the job title field didn't exist.  It was employer.  Of course that doesn't mean the borrower didn't describe her job in the Q&A section.  Hopefully in great detail.  I spent a brief few minutes searching and couldn't find anything matching that description.

hoggy1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »

Good story!  Plausible except for "back in the day", the job title field didn't exist.  It was employer.  Of course that doesn't mean the borrower didn't describe her job in the Q&A section.  Hopefully in great detail.  I spent a brief few minutes searching and couldn't find anything matching that description.

This is another curiosity to me. In the browse notes file we have job_title but after the loan issues it switches to employer. LC says they are taking away City replaced with partial zip to protect borrower identity but their title was owner and eventually I get to see they work at Joe's East Overshoe Nebraska Car Wash. What do you make the probability the borrowers name is Joe?
Steve

gottodo1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 09:43:21 PM »
Core come on, no one would have known that, why'd you go and ruin that, or is trolling not allowed?