Author Topic: New (Especially Quality) Notes Really Trailing Off?  (Read 7516 times)

Kombinator

• View Profile
Re: New (Especially Quality) Notes Really Trailing Off?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 09:22:40 AM »
There are demostrably fewer loans, and there is a large amount of whole loans among those. In addition lack of better quality loans is continuing, so yep trend is still holding hopefully unitl next marketing campaign or possibly they are holding the volume until IPO so as to generate a string of positive results after it and pop the price.

avid investor

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 01:13:12 PM »
There are demostrably fewer loans, and there is a large amount of whole loans among those. In addition lack of better quality loans is continuing, so yep trend is still holding hopefully unitl next marketing campaign or possibly they are holding the volume until IPO so as to generate a string of positive results after it and pop the price.
Interesting perspective, but I don't see how they could reasonably hold the volume.  They tell the borrower that their loan will be listed at x o'clock the next day.  What would they say to hold it?  "We'll list it ... eventually?"  :)

Kombinator

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 11:08:55 AM »
Well, there are many ways they can artifically drag out the process: send us more data, we need more time to verify this before listing, we need more time to verify after listing etc...They can easily add a month or so to the process and remain legal with it...not ethical or reasonable but legal:)

SeanMCA

• View Profile
    • deBanked
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2014, 12:03:54 PM »
And yet Lending Club is asking for more money. I got a notification through the LC website about 2 weeks ago that said something about my cash balance being dangerously low and that I better add more money to my account to fix it so that I don't miss out on good loans.

While perhaps the cash balance was "low" compared to the amount of cash I have deployed, it was still about $1,000, not something I'd set off emergency alarms for.

They've also gotten more aggressive with promoting recurring transfers and they're campaigning to get your friends to sign up and make deposits. I thought us retail investors were already a burden to them at present because the institutions would gladly fund everything. I feel like they've gotten really aggressive and they just want the deposits regardless of loan availability. I sense depository institution envy.

I'm a merchant cash advance veteran exploring the p2p lending waters.

avid investor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 01:24:58 PM »
Well, there are many ways they can artifically drag out the process: send us more data, we need more time to verify this before listing, we need more time to verify after listing etc...They can easily add a month or so to the process and remain legal with it...not ethical or reasonable but legal:)
Sorry, not buying it.  The borrowers (especially the qualified ones) would just walk.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 01:28:44 PM »
Sorry, not buying it.  The borrowers (especially the qualified ones) would just walk.

Some do.  Check out pissedconsumer.com, ripoffreport, BBB, etc. for plenty of downright pissed borrower stories.