Author Topic: LendingClub IPO Directed Share Program through Fidelity  (Read 102508 times)

Fred93

• View Profile
Re: LendingClub IPO Directed Share Program through Fidelity
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »
Wow, I'd have bet (& lost) serious money this morning if someone had said then that 7-8 hours would pass without at least 1 person saying that they didn't get a notification email................because I suspect it wasn't sent out to everyone.

What makes you suspect that?

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 11:07:55 PM »

Probably something he heard at the office or via his secret sources.  Maybe certain individuals weren't supposed to be invited to this party.  Well Dan, as you can see, they screwed that up too.  Big shocker there.

hessinger

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 12:08:15 AM »
Sorry I should have said in the post that you had to have the 1.5% deal on an existing PP card because you won't get it now as a new signup.  As for Discover treating Evolve payments as a cash advance, no they are not charged a cash advance fee.  It's always a good idea to set your cash advance limit to $0 though because they could change things in the future.   Not that they will.  Discover is just lucky to have people using their cards for something besides the 5% quarterly categories.

Interesting. Unfortunate that the opportunity no long exists.

As for discover being totally useless, there are fringe uses for   them still. As an example, I live in China and its the only card accepted universally through the China UnionPay network. Forget using visa or mc.

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 12:32:11 AM »
Wow, I'd have bet (& lost) serious money this morning if someone had said then that 7-8 hours would pass without at least 1 person saying that they didn't get a notification email................because I suspect it wasn't sent out to everyone.

Actually its more than "suspect". I could tell you how I know but that would involve things that might be construed as "investigative journalism", which by its severe absence around here, must be some violation of the spirit & essence of this site. Peter is way too dear of a friend for me to cross that line, so you'll have to decide whether to take my word or not as it stands.  :)

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 12:40:39 AM »

Probably something he heard at the office or via his secret sources.  Maybe certain individuals weren't supposed to be invited to this party.  Well Dan, as you can see, they screwed that up too.  Big shocker there.

I don't know what your problem is. Screw up or no screw up, the way I see it is that someones made sure that you & your pals from the "important state" where you reside received their invites. I'm guessing its for the fine work you've done promoting this industry & in hopes that you'll get everything you deserve. So can't you just say thank you?  :)

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 01:20:48 AM »
Screw up or no screw up, the way I see it is that someones made sure that you & your pals from the "important state" where you reside received their invites.  I'm guessing its for the fine work you've done promoting this industry & in hopes that you'll get everything you deserve.

Yes Dan I have worked very hard to "promote" this industry and Lending Club in particular.  But when someone tells me I'm about to get everything I deserve, that's usually when it's time to leave with all haste.  I suspect this time is no different.  If anyone intentionally sent me an invite that means they are up to no good.  Sounds like the rest of you are about to get what you deserve as well!  Why is LC so eager to give us these shares?  There's a helluva lot more to this story.  That I am sure of.

But Dan, you are cluttering up Bryce's thread with your conspiracy theories and abrasiveness.  As usual.

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 02:15:54 AM »
My apologies to Bryce & everyone else for my taking this off topic in such an abrasive manner. Far be it for me to interfere in everyones intellectual discussion. Though I don't recall advancing any "conspiracy theory", I would imagine that almost any such theory would be on par with a discussion that had already devolved into one involving 2% cashback, Paypal & Discover cards prior to my arrival. So, I'll step aside & please carry on with that.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 04:06:23 AM »
Any of you care to share your DSP strategies?

(As for me, and as I said many times before, I'll pass on LC IPO equities.)

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 05:23:20 AM »
I can confirm one of my coworkers did not receive an IPO email.  He is fairly new, but when it was initially announced we checked his account history to determine he had notes issue before the specified date.  He said he'd consider emailing LC about it

JoeB

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 09:20:08 AM »
This is just odd the way they did this.  Last time I saw crap like that was when the marketing department at a company I worked for went off and did their own thing with a portion of the site and didn't want to involve the programming department nor anyone else for that matter.  So they ended up kludging things together with tools that were not designed for the purpose.  That's what this stunt looks like to me.

You hit the nail right on the head!
Best to all,

JB

mchu168

• “Integrity is the ability to stand by an idea.”
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 11:56:31 AM »
We should consider ourselves lucky to have the opportunity.

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 01:25:33 PM »

You hear that Core? Lucky.  :)

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 02:31:53 PM »
I sure did Dan.  I am speechless.

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 02:43:00 PM »
I can confirm one of my coworkers did not receive an IPO email.  He is fairly new, but when it was initially announced we checked his account history to determine he had notes issue before the specified date.  He said he'd consider emailing LC about it

I received mine in my junk mailbox, which rarely has anything go to it.  Didn't like that.  Decided not to take the opportunity, but did want the information and it didn't go to the right mailbox.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 08:25:01 PM »
I received mine in my junk mailbox, which rarely has anything go to it.  Didn't like that.  Decided not to take the opportunity, but did want the information and it didn't go to the right mailbox.

Perhaps this is because the reply-to address looks "spammy":

Reply-To: "Lending Club" <reply-fec316767----37d-454_HTML-275---46-61--033-8@mail6.lendingclub.com>
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:27:37 PM by Fred »