Author Topic: LendingClub IPO Directed Share Program through Fidelity  (Read 102534 times)

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
Re: LendingClub IPO Directed Share Program through Fidelity
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 11:49:23 PM »
So I see that they've now sent/resent that notification email.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 12:03:03 AM »
So I see that they've now sent/resent that notification email.

Is the link exactly the same?  And still visibly do nothing?  Why the resend?

I didn't get one.  I think you are telling fish stories to stir up trouble.  Or whale/dolphin ones, whatever kind of stories orcas tell.

All I know is... this week would be a very good phishing opportunity for someone who had a list of email addresses for people involved with LC investing.

pplinvestor

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 01:40:02 AM »
I received the resent message.  Still the same.  Link to the setting page.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 02:03:36 AM »
I received the resent message.  Still the same.  Link to the setting page.

Hrrmmm... seems I'm not on the guest list this time around, just as DanB's secret source said.  So be it.

Does all this mean that none of the first signups counted?  That would be fairly important to know, no?  No explanation in the 2nd email?  And they had plenty of time to add a confirmation message before this second mailing... especially given all the negative comments yesterday.  This latest mailing round only adds more confusion.  This is already turning into a circus.

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 02:54:57 AM »
I don't know what else to tell you Core. I'm just telling the truth (as usual) & others have confirmed that not everyone got emails yesterday as I stated & that emails were resent today, again as I stated.  I have no idea why you didn't get the resent email.

But why look at everything with such suspicion.  Who knows, perhaps after reviewing your "file", & realizing the tremendous support you've given them these past years, they've decided that someone special like you deserves a real special offer. I'm just guessing of course, but hey don't you like feeling special? I know I do. That's why sometimes I order stuff that's not on the menu................& I'm not necessarily referring to just food.

So be patient & as Peter would say,  stay tuned.  :)

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 03:43:26 AM »
others have confirmed that not everyone got emails yesterday as I stated

Not true.  Only a report of one person not receiving it, and that was secondhand info.  Rawraw's cowhurdler or whatever.  PennySaved's went to an unexpected account address but I think it's reasonable for LC to send only one email per SSN, given the kludgy way they're handling things.

And Lovinglifestyle's email went to her junk folder because her filters are intelligent and can accurately identify absolute garbage.

That's it.  One person Dan.  One person who isn't even here to be interrogated.  For all we know he's the office clown or likes to delete things.  Hard to say.

As for my invite, I can only assume that Stephanie pulled it out of the pile so that she can personally forward it to me along with a batch of her nudie pics.  (Those Show-Me State girls take things too far sometimes.)  I'm eagerly watching my inbox.  She better come through with the 'goods'.

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 04:18:23 AM »
Core.............As much as I would normally be tempted to encourage your paranoid tendencies, the proof threshold that you require here for this matter is just silly. I doubt anyone is really interested in being interrogated or inconvenienced just to make you feel better. I'm pretty sure that in time other people will read this & re-confirm what's been said by me, Rawraw, ppinvestor etc. Whether that ends up being enough to satisfy you is not something that is of any interest to me.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 04:41:48 AM »
Dan, there is no paranoia involved.  I was giving Lending Club the benefit of the doubt because I saw no evidence of a widespread mass email failure.  I actually like your version of events better.  So LC screwed up yet another simple task?  Say it ain't so.

Cletus

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2014, 10:01:43 AM »
Looking for a little guidance here.  So the plan is for the DSP shares to be offered through Fidelity.  I don't have a Fidelity account.  Do I sign up for an account right now or assume that they will contact me through the info that LC is providing them and sign up then? Then after the IPO is issued and I get the shares can I just transfer them over to my Vanguard Brokerage account from the new Fidelity account and close the Fidelity account?  Kind of a mess but just trying to put a plan together.  Thanks

PeerSocialLending

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
Looking for a little guidance here.  So the plan is for the DSP shares to be offered through Fidelity.  I don't have a Fidelity account.  Do I sign up for an account right now or assume that they will contact me through the info that LC is providing them and sign up then? Then after the IPO is issued and I get the shares can I just transfer them over to my Vanguard Brokerage account from the new Fidelity account and close the Fidelity account?  Kind of a mess but just trying to put a plan together.  Thanks

I personally didn't want to take the chances so I decided to get my account setup asap. My full experience here:

http://peersociallending.com/investing/investing-lending-clubs-ipo/
-Ryan
p2p lending blogger @ www.peersociallending.com

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2014, 12:55:50 PM »
My notification was also sent to my spam folder. I found this unusual due to all my other LC emails go to my main folder. Strange. I opened and funded my Fidelity account yesterday. I heard that the IPO might hit on Monday? Has LC made any announcements?

PennySaved

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2014, 01:01:51 PM »
For whatever it's worth, I rechecked my emails for both main and Roth LC accounts.  I did not get another email about the LC IPO.  I only have the one sent on 11/17/14 at 4:10 pm to my Roth LC account email address.

PennySaved

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2014, 01:13:01 PM »
I checked my spam folders too- don't see any email there from LC regarding IPO

thezfunk

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2014, 01:13:18 PM »
My notification was also sent to my spam folder. I found this unusual due to all my other LC emails go to my main folder. Strange. I opened and funded my Fidelity account yesterday. I heard that the IPO might hit on Monday? Has LC made any announcements?

How could they do it Monday already?  There seems to be so much that needs to happen behind the scenes after you confirm your interest that I doubt they could pull that off that fast.

avid investor

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2014, 01:15:30 PM »

How could they do it Monday already?  There seems to be so much that needs to happen behind the scenes after you confirm your interest that I doubt they could pull that off that fast.
I don't know how reliable they are but sharebuilder doesn't have it listed yet.

https://research.sharebuilder.com/sharebuilder/IPO-Center/overview