Author Topic: LendingClub IPO Warning Issued By Dick Bove  (Read 11932 times)

bobeubanks

• View Profile
LendingClub IPO Warning Issued By Dick Bove
« on: November 20, 2014, 11:23:45 AM »
Article linked below. Complete with Core's favorite photo. Well, at least his favorite photo not taken by DanB.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/10/lendingclub-ipo-warning-issued-bove/

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
Re: LendingClub IPO Warning Issued By Dick Bove
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 11:32:08 AM »
Fraud.  Where did he get that photo?  I am not about to sign up for the site just to reveal this fraud. My gosh.  If you want to bash Lending Club at least do it right.  The photoshopped flag simply will not die.

Lending Club is dishonoring veterans by using a FAKE flag pic.  There can be nothing worse.  The United States is not fake.  Apparently LC thinks this country is a joke.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:36:20 AM by core »

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 11:41:58 AM »
I could (& have) excreted better criticisms than whoever wrote that article. Seems to me that the author has some sort of grudge with Larry Summers & would bash him & everything associated with him. 

yojoakak

• View Profile
    • Check out my Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script for LendingClub here
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 11:46:38 AM »
Article linked below. Complete with Core's favorite photo. Well, at least his favorite photo not taken by DanB.

This is a FLAG? Holy crap it's been bothering me for months. Thanks!

avid investor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 01:48:51 PM »
Whatever.  Everybody's an expert.  Everybody's a critic.  He states that there are no "bankers" at the top of the organization.  Was that supposed to be a criticism or a compliment?

GS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 04:03:31 PM »
I'd have a agree that that article was weak.  There are a few valid criticisms and unknowns with LC ... I don't think he picked up on any of them.

mo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 11:46:14 PM »

If you are wondering why the name "Dick Bove" might sound familiar read the below article from CNBC dated Aug. 21 2008.  About 3 weeks before Lehman Brothers went bankrupt. 

"Dick Bove upgraded Lehman to a “Buy”"
http://www.cnbc.com/id/26332773

yojoakak

• View Profile
    • Check out my Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script for LendingClub here
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 12:17:14 AM »
If you are wondering why the name "Dick Bove" might sound familiar read the below article from CNBC dated Aug. 21 2008.  About 3 weeks before Lehman Brothers went bankrupt. 

Nice find. All these finance guys ought to have box stats next to the names, like a baseball player.

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 12:38:18 AM »

Nice find. All these finance guys ought to have box stats next to the names, like a baseball player.

Yeah, but then you'd have to set up rules & regs so that the guy who has a 2 for 2 record doesn't just sit on that perfect record for x amount of years for fear of being wrong the next time round............... & the guy who is say 1 for 5 doesn't make lots of calls in hopes of catching a streak & reverting to the mean.

mo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 09:55:50 AM »

Yeah, but then you'd have to set up rules & regs so that the guy who has a 2 for 2 record doesn't just sit on that perfect record for x amount of years for fear of being wrong the next time round............... & the guy who is say 1 for 5 doesn't make lots of calls in hopes of catching a streak & reverting to the mean.

Well if you aren't making any calls then it's hard to harm people.  The conspiratorial side of me though doesn't think that calls like this are an accident.  If I was a bank and knew LEH was going under the logical thing to do is have your "analysts" pump the stock as a buy so you can dump your position.  In this case we know LC is shopping for a buyer in parallel to a potential IPO if Dick's employer is looking to buy they can have him dump on the IPO in the hopes of dampening demand.  Not to say the LC IPO is a good or bad buy but I wouldn't trust any of these guys.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:18:44 PM by mo »

Randawl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 11:54:07 AM »
I'd have a agree that that article was weak. There are a few valid criticisms and unknowns with LC ... I don't think he picked up on any of them.

. . . but I wouldn't trust any of these guys.

My thoughts exactly.  There were several times I chuckled and snickered when reading the article.  It's just so light, weak, soft, and highlights the near complete lack of understanding by the author(s) and those quoted.

Half Right

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 01:37:33 PM »
Dick Bove has the worst track record possible. I was ambivalent about buying shares in the IPO but now that Dick is against it, i am going all in.
If interested in Dicks calls please feel free to read ----> http://www.zerohedge.com/search/apachesolr_search?keys=dick%20bove

thezfunk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »
I could (& have) excreted better criticisms than whoever wrote that article. Seems to me that the author has some sort of grudge with Larry Summers & would bash him & everything associated with him.

There is nothing wrong with bashing Larry Summers and I encourage it.

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 02:36:29 PM »

No there isn't, but I thought this was about Lending Club & the upcoming IPO....................not Larry Summers.  Saying Larry Summers equals bad & his presence on the board must mean LC is bad, doesn't impress me that much when it's the authors main criticism. As if he runs the company or something. Last time I checked he was but 1 of 8 people that sit on that board. Besides, how often does the author think that a board meets? Come on.

thezfunk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 02:52:25 PM »

No there isn't, but I thought this was about Lending Club & the upcoming IPO....................not Larry Summers.  Saying Larry Summers equals bad & his presence on the board must mean LC is bad, doesn't impress me that much when it's the authors main criticism. As if he runs the company or something. Last time I checked he was but 1 of 8 people that sit on that board. Besides, how often does the author think that a board meets? Come on.

Oh, I am not disagreeing with you.  I just really dislike Larry Summers.