Author Topic: Million dollar income CEO; seeks $35k loan  (Read 12336 times)

rawraw

• View Profile
Re: Million dollar income CEO; seeks $35k loan
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 08:36:05 PM »
Funny thing... Engineers use K to mean Thousand and M to mean Million

I would hope they use 'k' to mean thousand and 'K' to mean Kelvin.  Otherwise I don't want want them designing anything that's getting near me.

k = Thousand

M = Million

Anything else is from the evil one.

Put me in league with the engineers and adamantly opposed to the finance people.
M is the Roman numeral for 1,000

Romans came before the metric system.  Plus, using the metric system in any fashion is not American.  You are American, aren't ya?

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 08:38:53 PM »
Plus, using the metric system in any fashion is not American.  You are American, aren't ya?

Rut roh, here we go again.  But in this case I agree with Victor.  Finance people are Satan's tools.

Victor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 10:16:38 PM »
Funny thing... Engineers use K to mean Thousand and M to mean Million

I would hope they use 'k' to mean thousand and 'K' to mean Kelvin.  Otherwise I don't want want them designing anything that's getting near me.

k = Thousand

M = Million

Anything else is from the evil one.

Put me in league with the engineers and adamantly opposed to the finance people.
M is the Roman numeral for 1,000

Romans came before the metric system.  Plus, using the metric system in any fashion is not American.  You are American, aren't ya?

To paraphrase Samuel Johnson, Roman numerals are the last refuge of the scoundrel.  To quote Samuel Johnson, "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."

The Romans did so many things so very well.  Numbers weren't one of them.  Also, I am not American.  I am Roman.  I can't stand our stinking numbers.  They're only fit for use as the copyright date at the end of the credits of a movie.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2014, 06:42:38 AM »
Caesar weeps.