Author Topic: Lending Club Account Earning 26%+ Net Return (Screenshot)  (Read 19942 times)

Fred93

• View Profile
Re: Lending Club Account Earning 26%+ Net Return (Screenshot)
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 03:29:23 PM »

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 03:41:28 PM »
Sure; just call one of our reps to open your account.
Dial 1-900-634-5789 (props to Wilson Picket & Eddie Floyd -- Blues Brothers 2000)  :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8QU7BqTEws
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:47:24 PM by Rob L »

brec

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 07:40:22 PM »
... holding all your notes for a very short time then selling them on folio, which is a good strategy, IMO.  But think that strategy might be dead after the IPO and apparently all users will be able to buy off the platform

Eh? I thought that state law restrictions prevented a significant number of potential users from buying on LC's retail platform. How will the IPO change that?

Unfolder

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 07:44:22 PM »
Lol if you think any of those state laws will ever be enforced. Most of the people in charge of enforcing those laws at the state level are just bureaucrat/union hacks that don't even have college degrees and are just there to punch clocks. They probably aren't even aware of LC's existence and are too dumb/lazy to figure out they are in violation of finance regulations if they are.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:47:14 PM by Unfolder »

brec

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 08:03:52 PM »
Lol if you think any of those state laws will ever be enforced. Most of the people in charge of enforcing those laws at the state level are just bureaucrat/union hacks that don't even have college degrees and are just there to punch clocks. They probably aren't even aware of LC's existence and are too dumb/lazy to figure out they are in violation of finance regulations if they are.

I don't know about state enforcement, but I've seen lots of people say they bought loans only via FOLIOfn and not LC's retail lending platform because of their state of residence. The Notes Prospectus says,
The Notes are not available for offer and sale to residents of every state. Our website will indicate the states where residents may purchase Notes. We will post on our website any special suitability standards or other conditions applicable to purchases of Notes in certain states that are not otherwise set forth in this prospectus.

In a brief look I couldn't find a list on the website.

Apparently the IPO is going to change this, but I'm curious as to how.

GS

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »
... holding all your notes for a very short time then selling them on folio, which is a good strategy, IMO.  But think that strategy might be dead after the IPO and apparently all users will be able to buy off the platform

Eh? I thought that state law restrictions prevented a significant number of potential users from buying on LC's retail platform. How will the IPO change that?

LC claims that after the IPO federal "Blue Sky" laws will allow everyone in all states to buy on the retail platform.  I'm skeptical of this claim, but they have repeated it multiple times.

Unfolder

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 08:56:53 PM »
LC claims that after the IPO federal "Blue Sky" laws will allow everyone in all states to buy on the retail platform.  I'm skeptical of this claim, but they have repeated it multiple times.

It's not the how, it's the who (you know). Having an ex-treasurer on your payroll helps bend these troublesome laws the right way.

JoeB

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 10:29:16 PM »
Palm trees, run-on sentences: "Get all the details by filling out the form below, you’ll also receive our testimonial video of actual investors that are earning money plus more great content about investing and using leverage to become financially free"

and a web site registered for one year...
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=passiveincomeinvesting.com

Seems legit to me.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:29:19 PM by JoeB »
Best to all,

JB

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 10:43:13 PM »

I am not skeptical of the claim.   LC S-1 filing shows "Blue Sky fees and expenses" of $15,000.

Historically, the federal securities laws and the state blue sky laws complemented and often duplicated one another.  I believe all 50 states have their own version of blue-sky law now.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 10:53:58 PM »
Looks like Dario and Daniel Nase of BIC (Bakersfield Investment Club) -- http://www.lendacademy.com/forum/index.php?topic=2784.0 -- are related.

Both are in the "Leadership" and "Top Investors" roles here https://www.crowdfunder.com/realestatedevelopment

DarioEM

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 12:49:16 AM »
Very nice!  You guys must be making a pile of money since you don't even need to invest half of your cash in notes.  Is LC giving you a special interest rate on that idle cash?

By the way, I like the palm trees on your web site.  Whenever I see palm trees and a beach, I pretty much know I'm dealing with a reputable company right away.  But I would have preferred to be able to do some reading on the site without having to supply my email address and phone number.

I write a lot of details in the newsletter I wouldn't normally publish out in the open, that page is just my gatekeeper to see who is really interested in wanting to invest. Here's a brief overview of the company: http://passiveincomeinvesting.com/blog/company-overview

DarioEM

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 12:51:08 AM »
Screenshot of company account earning 26.81% Net Annualized Return on Lending Club. Over a year ago this account was making 23.70%.
Lending Club is great but our investors actually do better than this

Those are some great numbers Dario.

Unfortunately...
1. I notice that you turned off the "adjust... for past due notes." feature.  I suggest you turn that on.

2. I note that LC has paid you $18,885 in interest.  You have $166,991 invested at present.  If I divide, I get 11.3%   Comparing that to the displayed NAR, I conclude that you have had most of that money invested for a very short time.  If you had the money invested for say about a year, I would expect those two numbers to be about equal.

It is trivial to get a high NAR when most of your money has been invested for a short time, as yours has.  All you have to do is invest in the riskiest loans.  NAR doesn't say much about your performance until the portfolio has aged some. 

During the 1st month of a loan, it can't be late, because no payment is due yet.
During the 2nd month, it can be late, but it can't yet be 1 month late.
During the 3rd month, it can be 1 month late.
During the 4th month, it can be 2 months late.
During the 5th month, it can be 3 months late.
During the 6th month, it can become 4 months late, and can be charged off.

So all those risky loans you recently (less than 6 months ago) purchased can't be charged off yet.  Therefore your NAR simply reflects the interest rate on those loans, and not your investment performance.

I wish you well.

Thank you for the feedback

DarioEM

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 12:55:49 AM »
It'd be great to see your "portfolio" tab on in LendingClub.  I love looking at those estimated payments and such. TIA

There's a reason why this screen shot shows just the very minimal amount of information. I'd say this has probably been faked. It's pretty darn simple to modify the HTML generated by the page any modern browser. Funny this gets posted up on these forums just right before the IPO too. Wonder why?

Good point, I've seen plenty of fake screenshots myself and softwares that alter pictures. This screenshot was taken straight from the screen from the account, of course there's little ways I can prove it unless making a video of logging in or you seeing it in person.

DarioEM

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 01:02:47 AM »
The critical and analytical eye the participants on this forum turn to these suspicious (fraudulent?) claims may be the most valuable service provided by this forum to investors and particularly the newbies just dipping their toes in these choppy waters.  With the IPO, I expect to see a marked increase in posts making exaggerated or false claims and soliciting other people's money.

I'm encouraged to see the Lend Academy Constabulary rise to this challenge and call out all suspicious and specious claims.  We must fight Core's Neo-Bolshevik Russian Mobsters and South Florida Boiler Room Operators on the palm laden beaches for the benefit of all humanity.

DarioEM, can you honestly guarantee a 15% return to investors by "managing" their money and actually expect to make a "profit" except by stealing it from your investors?  I call bullshit.

I can't but the company I invest with does, I am the messenger. Making 50%+ and paying out 33% to investors is very feasible

DarioEM

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 01:06:01 AM »
Funny this gets posted up on these forums just right before the IPO too. Wonder why?

On his Linkedin page (job title internet marketer, with possible connection to the Russian woman listed there), he says he feeds the homeless.  So maybe he needs a bunch more LC clients to pay for a special turkey & Thunderbird Christmas dinner for the less fortunate.  So you guys better start handing over your money because it's going to a good cause.  What a guy!

Russian woman? LOL. Yes I give clothes and food to the homeless at least once every month, I made it a goal years ago