Author Topic: LC Share Allocation  (Read 14689 times)

nlagaros

• View Profile
Re: LC Share Allocation
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »
I sold @ $25.  Not a lot of shares, but I look at it as a gift for just about no effort.

mindbowels

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 11:07:11 AM »
I sold @ $25.  Not a lot of shares, but I look at it as a gift for just about no effort.

How were you able to sell?  Did you have the DSP?

I, like everyone, just get an error message.

nlagaros

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 11:09:38 AM »
I had no issue at all selling from the main account page.  I had not had a Fidelity account before.  I created one per the instructions as part of the DSP.  Once the shares were allocated this morning I saw that I had the 250 shares as a position in my account.

lukkertin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 11:14:24 AM »
I had no issue at all selling from the main account page.  I had not had a Fidelity account before.  I created one per the instructions as part of the DSP.  Once the shares were allocated this morning I saw that I had the 250 shares as a position in my account.

This. I had issues setting up sell orders before the stock opened for trading (thank goodness those orders didn't go through, as I had lowballed the insanely high opening).

Once the stock opened for trading, I could enter my sell orders through the trading page on Fidelity without problems.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 11:15:26 AM »

Plenty of people have already sold, so not everyone.  Friggin Fidelity's site was giving me all kinds of problems with modifying open orders though.  Finally I gave up and just manually canceled and replaced each one.  You might try switching to the classic order ticket?

lukkertin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2014, 11:19:37 AM »
Plenty of people have already sold, so not everyone.  Friggin Fidelity's site was giving me all kinds of problems with modifying open orders though.  Finally I gave up and just manually canceled and replaced each one.  You might try switching to the classic order ticket?

Funny problem I had:

I kept 50 shares just in case the stock price surpassed $25 but when that didn't seem like it was going to happen, I tried to sell my remaining shares using the "Sell all shares" option and Fidelity told me I couldn't sell shares I no longer own. Had to get around that by specifying the exact number of shares I wanted to sell.

Also, I couldn't cancel and modify an existing limit order I put in. Had to cancel it and then redo the order. Silly trading problems.

Victor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2014, 11:20:03 AM »
I sold 150 shares @ $23.69 and will hold the remaining 100 for the long haul.  I prefer to play with house money.  Thanks for the "bone" LC, you did this old boy a solid.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2014, 11:22:20 AM »

I had the same problem, said I didn't have the shares.   But initially executing it went fine -- but I had a prior Fidelity account, if thats important.

mindbowels

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2014, 11:23:40 AM »
For anyone who was stuck like I was, the key was:
--Instead of choosing the "sell all" option, choose "sell" and put in the specific amount of shares.

Best of luck all, congrats on the pop!

PennySaved

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2014, 12:26:04 PM »
I only asked for 250 shares and I got 175.

janef

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2014, 02:29:53 PM »
The "selling" in this thread confuses me.
Why am I seeing this in my account?

IPO Message
Allocations have not taken place yet. Allocations are expected to be posted to accounts after 9:00 am ET on the day following pricing. Please check the recent updates section of the directed share home page for the latest information regarding the offering, including when pricing and allocation will occur.

kitono

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2014, 03:37:35 PM »
Because you're clicking the link from your email. go to fidelity's main website and log in using your credentials and you'll see the shares in your fidelity account. e.g. log in not through the email but through their website.