Author Topic: IPO Eve. IPO Changed to $15 a share!  (Read 23035 times)

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
Re: IPO Eve. IPO Changed to $15 a share!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 04:50:47 AM »
We should start finding out how many shares we have been allocated (if any) in about 15 minutes perhaps?  Oh the suspense.

To kill the time I'm going through Fidelity's site getting familiar with their order entry system.  Trailing stops are right there on the main order ticket which was a pleasant surprise.   If anyone's looking for conditional triggers and OCO orders those aren't on the main order entry screen.  You have to go to to the left navbar under 'Act' and select the 'Trade Conditional' link.  That one had me stumped for a few minutes because I wasn't expecting it to be in a whole different place.  Very barebones site but it'll do fine I think.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2014, 05:45:28 AM »
I don't plan on holding at this valuation.  I'm purely speculating, will sell if there is enough run up and buy back in later when some negative news or sentiment sends the stock down.

Inflationhawk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 05:49:42 AM »
While the share allocation starts at 5am, we're not going to find out until after 9am what we our final allocation is.  If we get more than 50% of our allocations, I'll be shocked.  I suspect it will be much smaller than what we are all hoping.  I hope I'm wrong. With the re-pricing that has occurred over the past few days, I'm actually thinking this might open up over $20/share. 

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 06:08:24 AM »
While the share allocation starts at 5am, we're not going to find out until after 9am what we our final allocation is.

Interesting.  Can I ask where you found this out?  And is that 9am ET?  Just 30 mins before the bell?  Hell why don't they just wait and see where it opens up before allocating anything.  Blame the delay on another "system error".

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 06:24:08 AM »
While the share allocation starts at 5am, we're not going to find out until after 9am what we our final allocation is.

Interesting.  Can I ask where you found this out?  And is that 9am ET?  Just 30 mins before the bell?  Hell why don't they just wait and see where it opens up before allocating anything.  Blame the delay on another "system error".

It's actually written out on the DSP page in your Fidelity account.............right below the final step you need to complete, paying for the shares.

Inflationhawk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 06:31:35 AM »
The IPO will not start trading at the opening bell...I suspect it won't open until 11am eastern or so.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 06:33:03 AM »
It's actually written out on the DSP page in your Fidelity account.............right below the final step you need to complete, paying for the shares.

Oh heh now I see it.  Thank you Dan.  Some day I will learn how to read.

stanny2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 09:11:28 AM »
Anyone gotten any confirmation yet?

rajuabju

• The One & Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 09:16:27 AM »
Nope not yet

yaoyao

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 09:17:24 AM »
In the email, it states "Payment for shares must be made by check or wire."  Could I transfer money among accounts or do ACH from bank?

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 09:28:03 AM »
Anyone gotten any confirmation yet?

Nothing here.  No email, and no position information in Fidelity.  I think they are working the phones right now and will give us the shares only if the grapevine says the price will drop at open.  Why the heck not.  We're committed.  They are not.

DLIFVOIP

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 09:29:23 AM »
So if we do not know our allocation prior to open which is 2 minutes from now, how can we sell them if go up 50% or down 50%.  Does not seem right to not be able to trade them immediately.

Unfolder

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 09:29:51 AM »
The IPO will not start trading at the opening bell...I suspect it won't open until 11am eastern or so.

*facepalm*

DLIFVOIP

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 09:32:36 AM »

*facepalm*

This makes sense.

BruiserB

• View Profile
IPO Eve. IPO Changed to $15 a share!
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 09:36:31 AM »

In the email, it states "Payment for shares must be made by check or wire."  Could I transfer money among accounts or do ACH from bank?

I initiated an ACH transfer to Fidelity this morning for what I figure my shares will cost me.  The website said it could take 4 business days for the funds to be available in my account. I'm hoping they will consider the funds to be there on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk