Author Topic: STOCK PRICE TALK: Opened at $24.75  (Read 33754 times)

rawraw

• View Profile
Re: STOCK PRICE TALK: Opened at $24.75
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2014, 08:56:27 AM »
I'm happy for people who are enjoying the ride, but I have to think that LC wouldn't willingly let so much money stay on the table. Why not have $1.5B or $2B in the coffers? The underwriters probably had some of the best people in the business trying to value the company and put a fair price tag on it. That's $15, up given the significant investor interest. With a +60% valuation in one day, so much future growth is baked in that I don't at all blame people who got out at the open. It could stay there for months; it could drop down tomorrow. It's impossible to say. Unrealized gains are opinions.
Yea but trailing stop loss orders to mitigate the risk somewhat.  Unless it happens after hours, like people were saying.

JoeB

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2014, 05:52:35 PM »
My philosophy is simple regarding holding or selling:
1) No one ever went broke taking a profit
2) A fast nickel is better than a slow dime
3) When in doubt, pass

And, as for my decision on whether or not to hold LC stock...
1) No one ever went broke taking a profit especially 66% in 2 hours
2) $2500 in 2 hours beats $5000 in 12 month IF it happens
3) I don't know if I should hold so I passed

Point being: LC was up big time when the rest of the market was in the tank this past week so... I feel it's enthusiasm fueling the market and what goes up usually comes down. I'll wait for the downturn or inevitable drop then buy in. And if I miss it, so be it. That $2500 will be earning for me so it's a wash and safer selling.

That concludes this episode.
Best to all,

JB

wiseclerk_com

• View Profile
    • P2P-Banking.com
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2014, 10:03:52 AM »
Currently at $27.5
Amazing.
I publish the http://www.p2p-banking.com blog

Unfolder

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2014, 10:30:29 AM »
Hopefully they'll do something with all this momentum. Would be great to see their first report wildly profitable with 100% revenue growth.  ;D

VirginiaBob

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2014, 07:37:51 PM »
Bumped up my stop loss order $2 today.   The order was getting pretty close to executing (about $0.50 per share away).  It appears the shares are up about $0.50 in after hours trading, so we'll see what tomorrow holds.