Author Topic: P2P Picks and NSR  (Read 5487 times)

investny

• View Profile
P2P Picks and NSR
« on: May 13, 2015, 12:23:38 AM »
I just signed up for P2P Picks and NSR.

On P2P Picks do i actually have to sign up for PMax etc or are they all automatic?

On NSR i went to
P2P Picks Subscription Options
P2P Picks PMax Top 10%

and clicked Filter button. I ended up with tables with stats but when i go to Common and Credit tabs all the fields are blank. Is this correct?

Is it possible to see P2P Picks values and then change them to see how it will impact a potential portfolio? I am not looking to steal the P2P Picks formula just trying to understand how to use it with NSR.

brother7

• Aloha!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: P2P Picks and NSR
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 05:53:00 PM »
The way you phrased your question is confusing.
Do you want to backtest the P2P-Picks publications using NSR? Or do you want to invest using P2P-Picks and NSR as your autoinvesting platform?

I just signed up for P2P Picks and NSR.

Signed up for P2P-Picks... Did you register on P2P-Picks.com? Or did you request API access, which is requested by email?
Signed up for NSR... Did you register on the NSR website? Or did you request autoinvesting access, which is requested by email?

On P2P Picks do i actually have to sign up for PMax etc or are they all automatic?
"sign up for PMax" makes no sense to me. Once again, do you wish to backtest or autoinvest? Please clarify.

On NSR i went to
P2P Picks Subscription Options
P2P Picks PMax Top 10%

and clicked Filter button. I ended up with tables with stats but when i go to Common and Credit tabs all the fields are blank. Is this correct?

OK, it looks like you're backtesting. If only P2P-Picks PMax Top 10% is checked and all the checkboxes under Common and Credit tabs blank, then you are backtesting using only the P2P-Picks PMax Top 10% strategy. If you want to add additional filters (in addition to P2P-Picks PMax Top 10%), then you would go to the Common and Credit tabs and check additional boxes. This will narrow down the # of loans even further. More filters = smaller # of loans.

Is it possible to see P2P Picks values and then change them to see how it will impact a potential portfolio? I am not looking to steal the P2P Picks formula just trying to understand how to use it with NSR.
"see P2P Picks values" doesn't make any sense to me. What exactly do you want to see? If you want to know the algorithm behind how P2P-Picks loans are selected, then No you can't know the algorithm. That's proprietary.

I hope that answers at least some of your questions.

NSR

• View Profile
    • Nickel Steamroller
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 04:43:20 PM »
That's correct.  Models are different than filter based investing.  NSR allows you to pair P2P picks with other filters though, say you only want a certain grade or another credit attributes, you can do that.  Models don't use filters in a traditional sense, but we give you the flexibility to do so with models.

Brustkern

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 06:17:31 PM »
Investny: please feel free to give us a ring if you need further assistance. We can be reached at 720-259-0455.

investny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 02:41:52 AM »
Thank you everyone for your replies.

At the moment i want to back test and possibly to invest later on.

I got the Subscriber SID on P2P Picks site and i can also access the AutoInvesting Add New Account on NSR so i guess i have full access on both sites. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Now i understand that P2P Picks is showing a filtered subset of data/loans and if i want to i can filter that subset of data further.