Author Topic: Worst Month Yet  (Read 173558 times)

Rob L

• View Profile
Re: Worst Month Yet
« Reply #585 on: January 04, 2019, 04:14:35 PM »
At the end of June projected run off to $7k outstanding principal at year end. Actual; $6,941.40.
Darn close.

A new scale for the New Year:

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 04, 2019, 08:27:21 PM »
The predictability of your curve is a nice feature of this asset class.

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 04, 2019, 07:16:14 PM »
Here's an update for February 2019. A bit more principal returned than expected; not a bad thing!
Maybe I'll be able to close out sooner than expected. We are getting down to very small amounts of principal invested.

lascott

• View Profile
    • Appreciate my post and want to try LendingRobot? URL below
« Reply #588 on: March 04, 2019, 10:21:13 PM »
A bit more principal returned than expected
Do you consider this to be loans being paid back and recoveries (-  rec_fees)?

My recoveries are still pretty high. Glad they are still being aggressive with this (hopefully the majority are against bad actors).

I like being above zero!

Tools I use: (main) BlueVestment: https://www.bluevestment.com/app/pricing + https://www.interestradar.com/ , (others) Lending Robot referral link: https://www.lendingrobot.com/ref/scott473/  & Peercube referral code: DFVA9Y

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 05, 2019, 11:28:27 AM »
Well this is pretty interesting and seems to support your theory that LC has become more aggressive.
There are probably other factors in play here too possibly involving my portfolio runoff and decreasing principal outstanding.
I dunno. Whatever the reason it's welcomed.

Andrewgupta

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 03, 2019, 02:58:42 PM »
Yep, you are near the tipping point.

It will be rare for you to have negative monthly portfolio return with these loans mcdvoice unless you stopped lending cash in the account.

Background; my portfolio's weighted average age was maybe 15 months this past January and is approaching 18 months now.
Maybe I should just consider myself lucky that I at least made a profit.
Eyah totally agree with that. Didn't read all post but saw point in this
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 01:08:17 PM by Andrewgupta »

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 06, 2019, 02:35:43 PM »
Mid-year report on my runoff; not quite under $2k. Slightly ahead of projection though (a good thing)  :)

WES

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 06, 2019, 04:24:40 PM »
Nice! This week my account is finally down to under 100 notes, and the balance is less than $700. I should be all done by early 2020.  :)

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 07, 2019, 03:01:19 PM »
Nice! This week my account is finally down to under 100 notes, and the balance is less than $700. I should be all done by early 2020.  :)

Congrats!!

HalfABubbleOff

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 27, 2019, 03:04:35 PM »
Last two years interest hasn't covered write-offs and YTD same has held true, but did have a couple of months in the black this year.
I'm down to 89 issued/current notes, but with run out, it'll be another two years before I'm done. 
I can't totally complain, I've withdrawn more cash than I've put in now. 
My combined return is 5.41% (I've bought/sold notes on folio, so it's the closest to a real return number I have). 
In looking at the stats page, I guess I should be thankful for where I'm at with the 5.41% return.  I'm just going to chalk it up to putting in a lot of good filters to find the few notes here or there that hadn't been gobbled up in 3 nanoseconds of being listed.  Sticking with those filters when nothing good showed up.  And then turning off the spigot once the bad news started flowing out of LC. 
My weighted average interest rate is 15.85%, mostly 39% C's, 32% D's, and 21% E's.
Weighted average age of portfolio is now 49.1 months.

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 27, 2019, 10:06:27 PM »
Sounds very familiar!

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 29, 2019, 09:33:38 AM »
Sad to see everyone preparing to leave. It's been a fun ride

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 29, 2019, 02:06:15 PM »

It certainly is and has been!

.Ryan.

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 30, 2019, 10:06:54 AM »

This is honestly the part I will miss the most.

After returns started to accelerate their slide to an unacceptable rate a couple of years ago, I made the hard decision to pull the plug on my main LC & P accounts. Going through the painful, drawn out process of liquidating my accounts (takes YEARS) only makes me feel better about the timing of my decision.

But I will miss you guys. I'll miss the comradery, the mentoring, and most of all, the journey.

lascott

• View Profile
    • Appreciate my post and want to try LendingRobot? URL below
« Reply #599 on: July 30, 2019, 11:08:32 PM »
It definitely has been fun and insightful.  I've read, learned, and thought a lot more about credit since.
I do feel 'silly' since I invested so much thinking it was sustainable as a retail investor. It did seem so when I first entered. I had a bunch of fun playing with the tools available and thinking I was being so clever with my conservative stance. Haha, but I think I did as well as bonds which this was my alternative to. 

Aside: I ended up putting a fair amount now into Wunder Capital while they were offering 7.5% and credit LC with a note/loan model (regulatory approval).  Now Wunder Capital has moved on from retail investors as well for a while. I get payments (mostly interest) like clockwork and a balloon payment in a few years. All within my same ROTH IRA STRATA account.

Aside2: Moved some money (one of retirement buckets) into Vanguard Wellesley Income Fund Admiral Shares (VWIAX) and am pretty happy with that after a lot of research and comparisons. More info but most of you have your favs for sure: https://advisors.vanguard.com/investments/products/vwiax/vanguard-wellesley-income-fund-admiral-shares
Tools I use: (main) BlueVestment: https://www.bluevestment.com/app/pricing + https://www.interestradar.com/ , (others) Lending Robot referral link: https://www.lendingrobot.com/ref/scott473/  & Peercube referral code: DFVA9Y