Author Topic: Managed Retail = 40% of volume  (Read 1642 times)

DLIFVOIP

• View Profile
Managed Retail = 40% of volume
« on: January 11, 2016, 05:52:58 PM »
I was reading the Podcast transcript the other day between Peter and Renaud and want to see if my understanding is correct.

Peter asked Renaud about the new LCOI product.  Renaud then started explaining that 20-25% of volume goes to self directed retail customers and 40% of volume goes to managed retail.  I have attached a screen shot of the transcript.

Does that mean that those who use a third party like lendingrobot get access to 40% of the volume that a self directed retail customer does not get to see?  Or is he saying that those brokers who use LCOI get access to 40% of volume we do not?

I currently do use a third party to pick loans as I have the ability to log in 4 times a day at feeding times, run my filters and then individually review each loan.  But over the last 18-24 months volume has been down and I am forced to increase my investment per loan to keep cash invested.  I do not need a third party to run my filters at feeding times, but if I can gain access to 40% of volume that I normally would not see, that may change my mind.

Anyone know the answer?

I had a discussion with one third party provider to see if they could simply run my filters and "hold" the loans for the allowed 30 minutes (it seems like 30 minutes is the amount of time) and release them if I do not press the place order button, but they said that was not an option.  Anyone know of a third party (that falls under the managed retail category) that can do that so I can gain access to that 40% (if my understanding is correct). 

Maybe a better question is who/what falls under the managed retail category?

Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:45:46 PM by CircleT009 »

Randawl

• View Profile
Re: Managed Retail = 40% of volume
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 06:57:51 PM »
I was reading the Podcast transcript the other day between Peter and Renaud and want to see if my understanding is correct.

Peter asked Renaud about the new LCOI product.  Renaud then started explaining that 20-25% of volume goes to self directed retail customers and 40% of volume goes to managed retail.  I have attached a screen shot of the transcript.

Does that mean that those who use a third party like lendingrobot get access to 40% of the volume that a self directed retail customer does not get to see?  Or is he saying that those brokers who use LCOI get access to 40% of volume we do not?

I currently do use a third party to pick loans as I have the ability to log in 4 times a day at feeding times, run my filters and then individually review each loan.  But over the last 18-24 months volume has been down and I am forced to increase my investment per loan to keep cash invested.  I do not need a third party to run my filters at feeding times, but if I can gain access to 40% of volume that I normally would not see, that may change my mind.

Anyone know the answer?

I had a discussion with one third party provider to see if they could simply run my filters and "hold" the loans for the allowed 30 minutes (it seems like 30 minutes is the amount of time) and release them if I do not press the place order button, but they said that was not an option.  Anyone know of a third party (that falls under the managed retail category) that can do that so I can gain access to that 40% (if my understanding is correct). 

Maybe a better question is who/what falls under the managed retail category?

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps I am the one misunderstanding, but to me that is saying that 20-25% of the loan volume (at least that which is potentially available to retail investors because they are surely not counting policy code 2 loans and others in the denominator) is bought by self directed retail and that 40% is bought by retail investors that are using NSR, BV, PC, LR, IR, and the like.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:03:32 PM by Randawl »