Author Topic: BlueVestment and Interest Radar to Merge  (Read 14921 times)

lascott

• View Profile
    • Appreciate my post and want to try LendingRobot? URL below
Re: BlueVestment and Interest Radar to Merge
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 04:06:49 PM »
I am simply pointing out that they refer to P2P-picks when they describe their BluePicks model. Thus, it seems that it is somehow based on the P2P-picks model.
I think you are missing the history. I think BlueVestment had a lot of user utilizing P2P-Picks model.  Then owner/author of P2P-Picks moved on to another job where he couldn't continue with P2P-Picks (various threads on this).   Therefore to aid in BlueVestment users transitioning they came up with some thing "compare vary closely" or "similar" in concept to make the transition easier for the users to be comfortable with.  Lot of history here and I think you are misreading their text and article text. HTH
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:34:35 PM by lascott »
Tools I use: (main) BlueVestment: https://www.bluevestment.com/app/pricing + https://www.interestradar.com/ , (others) Lending Robot referral link: https://www.lendingrobot.com/ref/scott473/  & Peercube referral code: DFVA9Y

jonpildis

• View Profile
    • BlueVestment
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 05:07:54 PM »
I am simply pointing out that they refer to P2P-picks when they describe their BluePicks model. Thus, it seems that it is somehow based on the P2P-picks model.
We only mentioned P2P-Picks to help our customers understand the differences between BluePicks and P2P-Picks.  As mentioned above, P2P-Picks is no longer operating and BlueVestment was not the author of their loan selection algorithm.  We based BlueVestment on an updated version of the Interest Radar IR01 credit model.

ppan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 06:11:55 PM »
1. BlueVestment used to offer p2p-picks. Now there is something called BluePicks.
However, if it is based on IR-scores, according to the poster below, then:
b. Can you tell me how it relates to the IR01 & IR04 scores (I am trying figure out how to convert my current strategy)?

2. If I understand correctly, only the BlueVestment website will be active after the merge?
a. If so, will it contain the features of IR?
b. For example, will I be able to back-test (e.g. using BluePicks and additional filters)?
c. Is there an update on the date for the merge? 

3. How will the pricing work for current IR members?
a. Will we get a (prorated) credit for current subscription fees?
b. Will the IR subscription be auto renewed if due before the merge?
@jonpildis,
Could you please also answer my other questions above?

jonpildis

• View Profile
    • BlueVestment
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 08:25:14 PM »
1.b. BluePicks represents the top 20% of loans for each grade based on IR01 score.  Generally, it's loans over 395-398 IR01.

2. eventually, that is true.  That being said, we don't have any immediate plans to decommission IR
2.a. we're working to add Folio Auto Buy and Auto Invest right now.  After that, we will add some additional portfolio metrics.
2.b. we're still investigating back-testing and how to implement on BV
2.c. no, we don't have a cut-over date

3. We're committed to keeping our commitments to IR customers.  For example, if you have 4 months left on an annual IR subscription when you convert to BV, we'll transfer that 4 months to BV and your account will not incur BV fees for four months
3.a. Unused subscription fees will be applied to BV fees
3.b. IR subscription will continue to be auto-renewed until we have a final cut-over date for IR.  We will give IR customers as much notice as possible.

ppan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 09:12:03 PM »
1b. It does not seem to match: I get much lower IRR when I use IR01=400+ (lower IR01 gives even lower IRR):
Overall   Loan #   Loan %   Interest   Loss %   Std Error   Avg IRR   IRR (α=.05)   
Total      52406      100.0%    18.3%       6.1%     0.3%      9.9%      9.3% - 10.5%

Credit Grade   Loan #   Loan %   Interest   Loss %   Std Error   Avg IRR   IRR (α=.05)
D                   38466      73.4%      17.3%      5.4%      0.3%      9.7%     9.1% - 10.4%
E                   11638      22.2%      20.3%      7.6%      0.7%     10.6%     9.2% - 12.0%
F                   996          1.9%       23.7%       9.7%      2.7%     11.3%     6.0% - 16.6%
G                   1306        2.5%       25.6%      13.3%     2.7%     8.7%      3.4% - 14.0%

3. If someone still has a subscription to IR, and want to use BlueVestment for the faster execution speed (is that correct?) do they then have to pay fees to both?

jonpildis

• View Profile
    • BlueVestment
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 09:21:54 AM »
1.b. The modeled returns for BluePicks that are published @ Bluevestment.com are not calculated the same way as IR reports returns.  We used the overall LC reported returns and loss rates as the baseline and then calculated the loss reduction that BluePicks provides to get to the BluePicks expected return.  Please remember, however, that this is all based on backwards-looking modeling... past performance doesn't predict LC underwriting changes nor do they reflect macro economic changes that may impact returns.

3. If you are unhappy with your IR auto-investing, we would be happy to waive your fees on BV as long as your IR subscription is in force. Just email me at jon@bluevestment.com if this is the case.

Small Fish Big Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 03:23:43 PM »
Any update or time frame on Folio auto invest/sell feature for the BV / IR merger?

michael49

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2016, 04:42:20 PM »
P2P-Picks only did 36 month notes.  As I recall there were not enough 60 month notes that were paid off to do statistical analysis (in Bryce's opinion).

Can the BlueVestment team speak to what BluePicks (BPModerate/BPAggressive) supports?  And if the two terms (36m/60m) were independently tested?

I realized you can pick BPM or BPA along with a 60 month 'term' in the interface but it was not clear on anything I've seen/read if BluePicks picks 60 month notes. TIA

FYI - I recently enrolled in BP Aggressive in both my both regular LC account and my IRA LC account - about 200 notes in each.  For my regular LC account BP aggressive invested in 77% 36 month notes and 23% 36 month notes.  In my IRA account BP aggressive invested in 87% 60 month notes and 13% 36 month notes.  BP Aggressive certainly seems to favor 60 month notes, which isn't surprising.

jonpildis

• View Profile
    • BlueVestment
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2016, 02:54:15 PM »
Any update or time frame on Folio auto invest/sell feature for the BV / IR merger?

Folio Buy is basically done and Nathan is going to try to get it polished-up this weekend so we can launch.  We really wanted to launch Buy and Sell at the same time but, right now, we're leaning toward getting Buy implemented ASAP.

Small Fish Big Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2016, 03:47:22 PM »

Folio Buy is basically done and Nathan is going to try to get it polished-up this weekend so we can launch.  We really wanted to launch Buy and Sell at the same time but, right now, we're leaning toward getting Buy implemented ASAP.

That is great news, I will keep my eyes peeled.