Author Topic: Where are the 36's?  (Read 10337 times)

Small Fish Big Pond

• View Profile
Where are the 36's?
« on: March 09, 2016, 09:21:47 PM »
Anybody notice how few 36 month notes have been available? I noticed today at one point there were no B or lower grades available. This seems to be a downward trend with bower ears having a bigger appetite for 60's. Maybe some of the old timers can share some trends they have experienced?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 12:12:59 AM by Small Fish Big Pond »

FILTER

• View Profile
Re: Where are the 36's?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 09:51:34 PM »
Where are the NEW NOTES???   Yes I have noticed:

For the past 3 days, at least for the 2PM and 6PM drops, there were zero notes posted.

Even with High Risk settings/filtering such as:

Monthly Income = $0
Min Length of Emplyment = 0
Inquiries 6 months = 5
Notes: B, C, D, E, F & G
Review Status: Unchecked
Public Records: Unchecked
Collections Excluding Medical = 2+
Notes: 36 mo & 60 month

I would offer that this is intentional to either capitulate to big money, balance spreadsheets, focus associates efforts elsewhere, or to foster/encourage the funding of older notes.

dompazz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 11:02:21 PM »
Didn't believe you until I looked.  Currently 29 36 month loans available on the platform, all As.  The other 1000+ are 60 month loans graded B or lower.

Someone a while back showed data where it looked like LC was smoothing loan issuance around the end of the quarter.  I wonder if they are doing that now?

hzhou9

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 11:17:16 PM »
Didn't believe you until I looked.  Currently 29 36 month loans available on the platform, all As.  The other 1000+ are 60 month loans graded B or lower.

Someone a while back showed data where it looked like LC was smoothing loan issuance around the end of the quarter.  I wonder if they are doing that now?
Sorry I am new here - what do you mean by "LC was smoothing loan issuance around the end of the quarter"? I am not sure whether I understood it correctly.

Booleans

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 07:36:14 AM »
For the past 3 days, at least for the 2PM and 6PM drops, there were zero notes posted.

I was under the impression that new loans are posted at 6 AM, 9 AM, 12 PM, and 3 PM PST. Is that not the case?

Never mind, I see it's 2 AM, 6 AM, 10 AM, and 2 PM PST.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 07:59:43 AM by Booleans »

dompazz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 08:02:57 AM »

Sorry I am new here - what do you mean by "LC was smoothing loan issuance around the end of the quarter"? I am not sure whether I understood it correctly.
There was some evidence that LC was throttling the loans issued around the end of the quarter.  The guess is that this is to meet Wall Street expectations.  Search the forum around last Dec/Jan and you should find a discussion on it.

If that is the case, and that is what is going on now, then my SWAG; LC has made their number of new loans for the quarter.  They have cut back marketing (huge costs, go look at their financials) which directly translates into lower loan applications.  But this is a guess predicated on a bunch of IF's.

Small Fish Big Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 09:03:16 AM »
6 A.M. loan drop, only 39 new loans, 33 were 36's and 6 60's......

fliphusker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 12:58:04 PM »
Made my deposit last Friday, was supposed to hit today, but alas tomorrow.  Hope this is not a reoccurring week long theme.  But under 900 loans on LC site, and only 8 falling into my filter, guess not a big deal anyway.  :(
Will see if there is a large amount on Friday and Saturday like last week. 

Small Fish Big Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 01:03:16 PM »
Looks like a few more dropping on the 10:00 a.m., picked up 12 in the filter for 36.

balto21

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 02:52:54 PM »
Any updates on this???? I went from 6 days to fund based on my filters at NSR and i am not at 10.

Small Fish Big Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 03:02:41 PM »
Any updates on this???? I went from 6 days to fund based on my filters at NSR and i am not at 10.
Are we talking about the same topic here?

balto21

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 06:48:20 PM »
Yes. A big portion of my buying is 36 month loans. and I have not invested in any loans in 2 days through automatic investing.

When i dont buy loans, the amount of days to use up my funds increases which is why I worded my comment the way that i did...

again today, no loans were invested in. Wondering if everyone else still sees a limit in supply for the 36 month loans.

Small Fish Big Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 07:05:49 PM »
Yes. A big portion of my buying is 36 month loans. and I have not invested in any loans in 2 days through automatic investing.

When i dont buy loans, the amount of days to use up my funds increases which is why I worded my comment the way that i did...

again today, no loans were invested in. Wondering if everyone else still sees a limit in supply for the 36 month loans.
I understand now, I'm exclusive 36 and have seen a huge decline in available notes[/.color]

michael49

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 08:06:44 PM »
I have multiple portfolios/filters that I alternate between.  One of them (my most conservative) is all 36 month B&C notes - I picked up 11 new 36m notes today (all B though).

FILTER

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 09:55:16 PM »
After reading the above posts its noted that note posting is being controlled or being held in Que.

The 2PM(PST) & 6PM(PST) note drops were only 36 month Notes.  Most of the notes posted were submitted: “Loan Submitted”: 3/3/16 & 3/4/16 (7 days old).