Author Topic: Hello - Please fund my listing (Prosper Listing # 4939804)  (Read 4339 times)

albin0smurf

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello - Please fund my listing (Prosper Listing # 4939804)
« on: April 01, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »
Hello Prosper Lenders!

Please take a look at my Prosper Listing # 4939804 and consider funding me.
https://www.prosper.com/listings#/detail/4939804

Let me know of any questions.

Thanks!

fliphusker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hello - Please fund my listing (Prosper Listing # 4939804)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 04:04:51 PM »
Have not seen someone come here and ask, in my short time here. 
Kudos, and good luck.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 04:48:09 PM »
In the early days of Prosper & LC, it used to be quite common for borrowers to interact with lenders this way.  It has faded out over time.

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 04:52:42 PM »
I no longer invest in Prosper, but if an LC borrower posted here I would look at it.  Getting a question answered would be a refreshing change!

albin0smurf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 04:57:12 PM »
I've had two loans through Lending Club that went through quickly. This is my first time using Prosper and my listing is just sitting there with 0% funding. I guess I am trying to think outside the box and figure out if I need to do more. Please do take a look at my listing and let me know if it looks good, reasonable or if I need to add more information. I do understand that Prosper investors tend to stick with "filters" and my listing may just be outside of too many investor filters?

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 05:43:18 PM »
Have you paid off those Lendingclub loans?

albin0smurf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 06:22:20 PM »
One of the Lenders Club loans I paid off a couple years ago. The other Lenders Club loan I originated 2 months ago. I am not happy with the 21% interest rate at for this new loan and I know I can do better. For one, the Prosper loan I am hoping to originate is 13.5% for five years. I prefer to go with Prosper and pay off the Lenders Club. I also have another loan through Wells Fargo. I have been paying that for 2 years and want to consolidate that loan as well with the new Prosper loan. I could keep the Wells Fargo loan as it is at 12.5%, but consolidating it into another 5 year Prosper loan lowers my over all monthly debt payments - considerably (~$400 per month savings). In a perfect world I would carry much less debt, but if I am going to carry it for a while I prefer to put in on fixed rate loans with decent interest rates.

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 06:43:35 PM »
I've had two loans through Lending Club that went through quickly. This is my first time using Prosper and my listing is just sitting there with 0% funding. I guess I am trying to think outside the box and figure out if I need to do more. Please do take a look at my listing and let me know if it looks good, reasonable or if I need to add more information. I do understand that Prosper investors tend to stick with "filters" and my listing may just be outside of too many investor filters?

The 4 inquiries and 35% DTI will be outside quite a few filters.  I see it was offered as Whole first, which might not have been cleared yet since "Sorry, no result found at this time." is what I got back from entering the id in the search field.  Then I used your post link, which worked fine.

albin0smurf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 07:10:12 PM »
Thank you Lovinglifestyle for your post. I am honestly looking for feedback and that helps.

Would it help my listing if I updated my Member Description explaining the 4 inquiries and 35% DTI? Or will those investors never even look at my listing due to their filtering?

Also, I only see the option to edit my Member page and that is where I have added information to my description - detailing information about my listing and volunteering my budget, etc.
Is there another place to add a Description for the Listing itself? It makes sense that you would want a description for the listing itself so investors see it without having to find my member profile.

nonattender

• I am not here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 07:58:10 PM »
In the early days of Prosper & LC, it used to be quite common for borrowers to interact with lenders this way.  It has faded out over time.

"That's my hand in the photo, so you know it's me."
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 08:05:43 PM »
Maybe the problem is more with the site than with your loan.  It isn't on the Browse Listings page.  The ones I clicked on that are there have only a credit profile under "details".
Only 99 loans are on the Browse page.  Maybe later yours will show up.  Without the link you provided I wouldn't know it existed, so far.  I see it is 70% likely to fund!

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 08:56:19 PM »
This is my first time using Prosper and my listing is just sitting there with 0% funding.

Prosper divides loans into two categories called "whole" and "fractional".  This division is done randomly.  These days they send about 90% of loans to the whole-loan market.  Your loan went to the whole loan market.  The investors on the whole loan market are institutions, which only purchase whole loans, ie one guy buys the entire loan.  If a loan is not purchased by one of these institutional guys within some time period (I seem to recall it is 24 hours), then the loan moves to the fractional market, where everybody can buy pieces of the loan.

Your loan went initially to the whole loan market, and you didn't wait 24 hours after the loan posted.  You cancelled the loan before any of us could bid on it.

I do understand that Prosper investors tend to stick with "filters" and my listing may just be outside of too many investor filters?

Possibly.  There is a credit variable commonly called "inquiries" which is how many credit inquiries the borrower has made in the last 6 months.  Many lenders require this to be 0.  Others limit it to no more than 1.  This may be the reason that none of the institutional buyers jumped on your loan.