Author Topic: WT*????????????????????  (Read 13013 times)

fliphusker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WT*????????????????????
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2016, 06:33:25 PM »
Some of you guys gave great explanations on why there are so few new good (D and higher risk) loans being offered.
Yesterday there were a couple of D rated loans I liked. The day before two F rated loans.  Today, all the loans are A and B rated.

If this continues, I will just let the payments build up and slowly shift over to Prosper.
My ANAR has been hovering at around 8.5% so I have been happy until now. 
Do any of you have a preference as to an alternative to Lending Club?

One word, FOLIO

Larry321

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2016, 09:34:02 AM »

One word, FOLIO
I just looked at FOLIO.  There are a few loans where the seller inveted several thousand dollars.  I have been investing $25 at a time.  A several thousand dollar investment into one loan goes way against the principle of spreading your risk around.

Any thoughts?
LC notes investor for 3 years

Bitcoin speculator

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2016, 12:14:38 PM »
If this continues, I will just let the payments build up and slowly shift over to Prosper.
Do any of you have a preference as to an alternative to Lending Club?

I'm in both LC and Prosper.  I'm trying to build my investment at P, but I find it very difficult.  I get one or two loans that match my filter about every 2nd or 3rd day.  My P filter is much looser than my LC filter, but still is difficult.

If the recent low volume at LC is getting you down, then P is not a magic solution.
From what I've seen, Prosper is much less friendly to retail. The above seems to confirm it.

I haven't had to fund a loan on the primary market since this all started. I've been buying on Folio. Plenty of options for me, but I don't reach as far down the credit spectrum as some. And surely don't have a six+ digit portfolio like others.

There are surely short term annoyances for us. But what do you guys really want? LC to try to meet our needs, possibly overshoot, and add more risk to this business. I'd prefer to have my access to consumer credit for   years and if that means a slow couple months, so be it. I doubt many people will even remember this time period a few years from now.

I'm a little worried what this forum is going to sound like next recession. If cash drag has people so upset I can only imagine what losses are going to do to our psyche

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2016, 12:14:48 PM »
I just looked at FOLIO.  There are a few loans where the seller inveted several thousand dollars.  I have been investing $25 at a time.  A several thousand dollar investment into one loan goes way against the principle of spreading your risk around.

Any thoughts?

Not necessarily.  Depends on how much money you have in your account.

1000 notes x $25 each = $25,000 account
1000 notes x $5,000 each = $5,000,000 account
1000 notes x $20,000 each = $20,000,000 account

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2016, 07:54:09 PM »
I'm a little worried what this forum is going to sound like next recession. If cash drag has people so upset I can only imagine what losses are going to do to our psyche

Maybe so but I've never looked at it that way. Always figured the economic cycle would do its thing and if I lost money to borrowers in bad times that was just fine. Gotta think most of us accept that. It's all this other garbage that has everyone all worked up.