Author Topic: Good News finally  (Read 15297 times)

Fred93

• View Profile
Re: Good News finally
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2016, 01:40:11 PM »
This is where I get pretty lost in things.  :(  All the ones listed on 6/17 where the expiring options from Friday, correct?  A chunk that Chen snapped up?  Good sign to only see options only being bought?  What is your take from what you see there Fred?

I didn't try to match them up.  You would need to put the transaction lists from the two 13D's side by side, and match up the option transactions.  Note also that some stock buys have note 4 attached, showing they were from exercises.

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2016, 07:36:13 PM »
This is where I get pretty lost in things.  :(  All the ones listed on 6/17 where the expiring options from Friday, correct?  A chunk that Chen snapped up?  Good sign to only see options only being bought?  What is your take from what you see there Fred?

I didn't try to match them up.  You would need to put the transaction lists from the two 13D's side by side, and match up the option transactions.  Note also that some stock buys have note 4 attached, showing they were from exercises.

I'm not looking at the filing but shooting from the hip here. Shanda would have "exercised" their call options since both the 3's and 4's were in the money and bought stock cheaper than the market price. However Shanda would have been "assigned" on the short puts (decision out of their hands). The owners of the puts would have "exercised" their options to require Shanda to buy at 5 (higher than the market price). Good sign or bad sign, I dunno... Seems Chen is definitely bullish on LC's stock prospects. Must have traded away about half of the options positions before expiration as he could have wound up with another 26M shares rather than the 13M he did. I'm sure he made a very nice profit on the options he traded away.

nonattender

• I am not here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2016, 12:28:48 AM »
Maybe he thinks he's buying a Renminbi->USD gateway...  "Chinese Laundry"...  Over-valued funny-money into USD denominated debt...  8)

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.