Author Topic: Cashing Out  (Read 16113 times)

Rob L

• View Profile
Re: Cashing Out
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2016, 06:19:09 PM »
Thought I'd update my "cashing out" graph to add the past couple of weeks.
The flat spots are weekends. It seems LC doesn't update account balances over weekends.

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2016, 08:04:55 PM »
Update:

All my listings have expired.
Since D's and E's have become scarce on the primary platform I'm increasing my offer price for them on Folio.
Now that I have about 40% of my investment off the table I'm much more comfortable with my level of risk.
I'll continue to let notes run off and not re-invest and that will be enough for now.

Half Right

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2016, 10:12:03 AM »
Also cashing out but not sure what your rush is. I have been in since 2011 and based on my calculations I should have recovered my total original investment in about 12 months. However all my notes were 36 months. As for the profit it may take another year.

andy3109

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2016, 12:43:47 PM »
Cashing out as well by not re-investing (i.e., letting wind-down). I'm unfortunately involved in a few hundred 5 year notes that won't mature for years to come. I may take a slight loss on those next year by putting them up on folio. I don't want to deal with lendingclub taxes for the next 4 years.

Larry321

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 10:00:03 AM »
I may begin cashing out by just not reinvesting.  Obviously, unless I begin selling notes of Folio, it will take five years for me to cash out entirely.
I am considering this because at the moment, it seems that defaults are increasing.

I may just let cash accumulate, for awhile, and wait until conditions improve.
The problem, always, is deciding on a better place where to park my money. I don't just want to let it sit, and if I don't do LC, I will port the cash back into Fidelity.

What are you guys noticing about the default rate of loans, lately?
LC notes investor for 3 years

Bitcoin speculator

Triplell

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 06:46:26 PM »
Also cashing out but not sure what your rush is. I have been in since 2011 and based on my calculations I should have recovered my total original investment in about 12 months. However all my notes were 36 months. As for the profit it may take another year.

I wasn't willing to take the risk for the amount I had invested. The way it stands right now, you're not well protected if lending club decides to go belly up. I understood the risk of investing in "social debt" and was OK with it. I was no longer OK with it once I realized that our investments are actually the bottom tranche.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2016, 10:11:24 PM »
I was no longer OK with it once I realized that our investments are actually the bottom tranche.

You're investments in LC notes are not "the bottom tranche" of anything.  They are the HIGHEST ranked liability on LC's balance sheet.  And this is a company with NO net debt, and $800 million of cash on the balance sheet.

Larry321

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 09:39:14 AM »
It seems like the number of defaults has increased on my loans in the past month.

Bitcoin speculator

dbailey75

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2016, 09:55:54 AM »
It seems like the number of defaults has increased on my loans in the past month.

I had a lot delinquencies (10-12 loans 30-120days) piling up, but I started reinvesting again last Aug/sept so a large portion of my loans are of the same vintage/age, i'm hitting that statistical default barrier.   I have 8 that will go into default in the next 1-3 months, no doubt about it, but the lates from 16-30 days are now 0, and all my grace periods have pending payments which should go current by the end of the week. 

Most of these loans I've hand picked, a few were complete mistakes on my part, and are included in those that will go in to default, but I like what i'm seeing with my Bluevestments Picks,  going to give it a few more months, but I would like to invest more based on what I'm seeing.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:03:12 AM by dbailey75 »

SeanMCA

• View Profile
    • deBanked
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2016, 10:35:49 AM »
I had my first negative month. Also, judging by the swelling size of my lates, I am probably in for a few more bumpy months. Hopefully that gets most of the bad loans out of my system.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:06:26 AM by SeanMCA »
I'm a merchant cash advance veteran exploring the p2p lending waters.

rawraw

• View Profile
Cashing Out
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2016, 04:16:39 PM »
My return dropped to roughly 5 percent for the month vs the average of 10 for the past few. What risk profile do you have Sean?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SeanMCA

• View Profile
    • deBanked
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2016, 04:52:58 PM »
I spread it out all over in the beginning (when I started in Jan 2014), then shifted to high risk, and then ultimately just to As and Bs. Here's what I'm at now.
I'm a merchant cash advance veteran exploring the p2p lending waters.

Larry321

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2016, 07:07:02 PM »
My return dropped to roughly 5 percent for the month vs the average of 10 for the past few. What risk profile do you have Sean?

The same thing is happening to my acocunt.  The drop in percentage is disheartening enough that I am not reinvesting at the moment.
What suggestions or explanations do you all have?

Bitcoin speculator

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2016, 07:10:33 PM »

The same thing is happening to my acocunt.  The drop in percentage is disheartening enough that I am not reinvesting at the moment.
What suggestions or explanations do you all have?
Since it's related to my job, I'm going to analyze my portfolio for any themes tomorrow at work.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2016, 07:11:14 PM »
I spread it out all over in the beginning (when I started in Jan 2014), then shifted to high risk, and then ultimately just to As and Bs. Here's what I'm at now.
Was it the old high grade notes? There has been weakness in Subprime paper