Author Topic: What is your Portfolio Analysis Tool of choice?  (Read 6317 times)

.Ryan.

• View Profile
What is your Portfolio Analysis Tool of choice?
« on: August 04, 2016, 07:28:08 PM »
As an LC & Prosper investor, I am curious as to your choice of tool/service for portfolio analysis, and why you chose what you did.

Me: Over the last 3 years I have invested in nearly 10k notes, and am always interested in finding trends amongst those notes that may help me tune my note picking strategy.

Prosper's utter lack of any analysis is maddening to me. I find LC a bit better, but not nearly what I am looking for. I use Lending Robot for investing (love their service, love their staff), but analysis & reporting is not their focus.

So far, I have created some spreadsheets, done some basic development work on a custom XAMPP based system, and used a trial account on Interest Radar to try to determine what the best option would be. Spreadsheets work, but are basic. I'm a techie and love XAMPP, but don't have the cycles to build a system from scratch. IR definitely held some promise, and so I am definitely leaning towards a 'service' like solution.

I'd love to know what tool or service people are using (and like) to do portfolio analysis & reporting. I know there is a lot out there, and I'm not sure I want to (or need to) build my own. So what do you peeps use?

Emmanuel

• View Profile
    • LendingRobot
Re: What is your Portfolio Analysis Tool of choice?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 08:43:25 PM »
Ryan,

Thanks for the kind words about LendingRobot! What kind of data analysis and reporting would you like?

jz451

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 09:16:34 PM »
I've been using NSR platform for my backtesting and the portfolio analysis lets you analyze all of the note criteria. Otherwise I use my own spreadsheet w/ returns, graphs, and notes that have defaulted.
As an LC & Prosper investor, I am curious as to your choice of tool/service for portfolio analysis, and why you chose what you did.

Me: Over the last 3 years I have invested in nearly 10k notes, and am always interested in finding trends amongst those notes that may help me tune my note picking strategy.

Prosper's utter lack of any analysis is maddening to me. I find LC a bit better, but not nearly what I am looking for. I use Lending Robot for investing (love their service, love their staff), but analysis & reporting is not their focus.

So far, I have created some spreadsheets, done some basic development work on a custom XAMPP based system, and used a trial account on Interest Radar to try to determine what the best option would be. Spreadsheets work, but are basic. I'm a techie and love XAMPP, but don't have the cycles to build a system from scratch. IR definitely held some promise, and so I am definitely leaning towards a 'service' like solution.

I'd love to know what tool or service people are using (and like) to do portfolio analysis & reporting. I know there is a lot out there, and I'm not sure I want to (or need to) build my own. So what do you peeps use?

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 11:47:21 PM »
Wrote my own.  Also use NSR.  Shame that reserve the more advanced backtesting features for paying customers now.

jz451

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 11:59:33 PM »
As far as I know all you need is to put in your payment information and you get to input as many criteria as you want instead of the limit of 3.

Wrote my own.  Also use NSR.  Shame that reserve the more advanced backtesting features for paying customers now.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 01:13:58 AM »
As far as I know all you need is to put in your payment information and you get to input as many criteria as you want instead of the limit of 3.

How about that.   Thanks.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 08:59:22 AM »
Ryan,

Thanks for the kind words about LendingRobot! What kind of data analysis and reporting would you like?
Seems like the ones I'd expect people to want to see. Returns by portfolio. Returns vs benchmark of some sort. Probably some data on trends in delinquencies. Trends in the characteristics of the portfolio (fico dti etc). Geographic diversification. And a couple data visualizations sprinkled throughout. One thing I'd personally want that most may not is loss curves by vintage for my holdings.

That's what my Excel template does at least

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Larry321

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 11:26:23 AM »
My analysis is very simple.  I take my Adjusted Account Value and from that subtract the amount I invested. And, as long as that number keeps growing, even if by a small amount, I am happy.
LC notes investor for 3 years

Bitcoin speculator

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 05:54:52 PM »
My analysis is very simple.  I take my Adjusted Account Value and from that subtract the amount I invested. And, as long as that number keeps growing, even if by a small amount, I am happy.

By "invested", do you mean the amount of new money you added?  Thanks.

Larry321

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 03:29:34 PM »

By "invested", do you mean the amount of new money you added?  Thanks.
By invested I mean the amount I put in. I really am measuring the amount of increase rather than rate of increase.
LC notes investor for 3 years

Bitcoin speculator

fliphusker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 05:27:39 PM »
As I am a small investor, I started out with NSR backtesting stringent filters for new notes.  Since LP day and two straight rollers, I have moved exclusively to FOLIO.  I still use some of my original filter with buying notes through NSR's FOLIO buying service.  (Not sure it is still in BETA.)  My account only contains around 200 notes, I do not pay that much attention to what my account returns are.  IGP notes will drop my returns considerably.  Then when they pay my account bounces back up.  I have about five of those annoying notes that go IGP every month and come out. 
Also enjoy PeerCube, Anil has done a fantastic job with it.  The trial he gave me was so appreciated.  If you have not checked it out, I highly suggest doing so.