Author Topic: Beginner Questions  (Read 4801 times)

rawraw

• View Profile
Re: Beginner Questions
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 05:55:10 PM »
In reference to the unlikely event that Lending Club will fail and in turn their backup plan for servicing the loans afterwards fails as well.
I don't understand the too big to fail tie in.

Debt Free

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 09:59:28 PM »
Referring to the financial crisis of 07-08 and the Enron scandal...

Exert from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_big_to_fail
"The "too big to fail" theory asserts that certain corporations, and particularly financial institutions, are so large and so interconnected that their failure would be disastrous to the greater economic system, and that they therefore must be supported by government when they face potential failure."

Emmanuel

• View Profile
    • LendingRobot
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 02:01:48 PM »
In reference to the unlikely event that Lending Club will fail and in turn their backup plan for servicing the loans afterwards fails as well.

I you owe $1M to your bank, you have a problem. If you owe $100M to your bank, your bank has a problem.

If your bank owes $1B to the American people, they have a problem. If you bank owes $100B to the American people, then the Government has a problem.

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 05:10:53 PM »

I you owe $1M to your bank, you have a problem. If you owe $100M to your bank, your bank has a problem.

If your bank owes $1B to the American people, they have a problem. If you bank owes $100B to the American people, then the Government has a problem.

Well said!

Debt Free

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 05:09:23 AM »

Well said!

Took the words right out of my brain!!!   :)