Author Topic: how often is folio inventory CSV file updated?  (Read 11418 times)

fliphusker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: how often is folio inventory CSV file updated?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 08:57:51 AM »
So it scrapes through the FICO scores for downturns in recent months?  Or do you purchase so much in bulk that this is not a concern? 
Sounds pretty awesome and a lot of work was involved in building it, KUDOS!!
Would you mind sharing what your program does?  Does it auto buy? 

Yes, my program does auto buy.

It downloads the latest 500,000+ notes from Folio. runs risk-reward analysis on each, chooses some candidate notes to buy, and checks collection logs.  If nothing is problematic, submits purchase orders, then logouts.

It also does auto sell -- finding which of my notes are good to sell based on today's Folio prices.

This is all I do now in LC;  I do not buy notes from the primary market anymore.

RT45

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 03:44:21 PM »
Can't you just join the Payment History file with LoanStats to get the time series for FICO scores?

Doesn't necessarily catch most recent FICO change except at the monthly posting, but should help build the FICO trend.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 11:16:25 PM »
Can't you just join the Payment History file with LoanStats to get the time series for FICO scores?

Doesn't necessarily catch most recent FICO change except at the monthly posting, but should help build the FICO trend.

LoanStats only has 1 record per loan, no history.

Payment History contains LastFICOBand by month, but the file is not updated daily,

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 12:42:31 PM »
It downloads the latest 500,000+ notes from Folio. runs risk-reward analysis on each, chooses some candidate notes to buy, and checks collection logs.
If nothing is problematic, submits purchase orders, then logouts.

Interesting how your approach has evolved over the years to add "memory" (collection log) to your initial "memoryless" Markov chain process. Must have been an interesting challenge to develop a statistically predictive model given a collection log as input. Just putting together a historic data base of enough loans with their collection logs for a representative sample to test must have taken quite a long while.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 03:55:23 PM »
Have you considered using Folio's "Download Search Results" link https://www.lendingclub.com/foliofn/notesRawData.action?
This link is more real-time; all Folio notes matching your search criteria will be included.  No noticeable delays.
My Folio program runs every 2-hr.

When you download this, do you sometimes get a corrupted file?

I'm getting a bad download about 1 out of 10 tries.  A chunk of characters missing, resulting in malformed CSV, or a bunch of nulls in the file in place of some characters.  Unusual.

Don't know whether the problem is at my end or LC.  I download plenty of other CSV files from LC with no problem.  Something is different in this case, but I don't yet know what.

fliphusker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 04:07:23 PM »
Is there something that I am missing that can not be done at NSR?  The only thing it will not do is filter out FICO drops that are recent with the overall FICO still showing that it is up. 
I do not download .csv files as I do not have Excel and I am not very good at dealing with spreadsheets when I get them into Open Office. 
Have you considered using Folio's "Download Search Results" link https://www.lendingclub.com/foliofn/notesRawData.action?
This link is more real-time; all Folio notes matching your search criteria will be included.  No noticeable delays.

I'm getting a bad download about 1 out of 10 tries.  A chunk of characters missing, resulting in malformed CSV, or a bunch of nulls in the file in place of some characters.  Unusual.

Don't know whether the problem is at my end or LC.  I download plenty of other CSV files from LC with no problem.  Something is different in this case, but I don't yet know what.

dmcnic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 09:45:47 PM »

That's about the same rate I am getting an error. I typically try again in ten minutes and every day except once, it worked the second time.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 11:05:26 PM »

That's about the same rate I am getting an error. I typically try again in ten minutes and every day except once, it worked the second time.

I reported this problem to LC tonite.  I reproduced it with both Firefox and IE, and sent them images captured with a binary editor showing them blocks of null characters in the corrupted CSV files.

Could you please also report it?  Sometimes it is difficult to get priority on a bug unless it is reported by multiple people.  The more the merrier.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:14:56 PM by Fred93 »

dmcnic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 08:28:37 PM »

I reported this problem to LC tonite.  I reproduced it with both Firefox and IE, and sent them images captured with a binary editor showing them blocks of null characters in the corrupted CSV files.

Could you please also report it?  Sometimes it is difficult to get priority on a bug unless it is reported by multiple people.  The more the merrier.

I do have a person's name who contacted me just after I joined. I'll call her tomorrow and see if I can help get this bumped up the priority list.

dmcnic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2016, 10:12:15 AM »
I left a message Thursday afternoon. No response after the end of the day on Friday. I'll try again next week.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2016, 07:27:08 PM »
A related question: There are 2 or 3 third-party web sites that do some automated LC folio trading.  How often do they run their algorithms?  In other words, if I post a note for sale, how long must I wait until I'm sure they've done a cycle and have decided not to buy my note at the present price?

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 05:19:11 PM »
A related question: There are 2 or 3 third-party web sites that do some automated LC folio trading.  How often do they run their algorithms?  In other words, if I post a note for sale, how long must I wait until I'm sure they've done a cycle and have decided not to buy my note at the present price?

NSR runs Lending Club Folio buying every minute.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 06:45:44 PM »

Wow.  That's pretty aggressive.  So if I have a note listed for a few hours, I can be pretty much 100% sure that your clients' automated programs didn't want it.

I presume that most of NSRs buying volume is in the small notes, <$25, <$50, etc.  Can you share a bit about that?  Do you buy (for your clients, from folio) any significant number of notes in higher sizes?  $500?  $1000?

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2016, 09:19:38 AM »

This says to me that from the point of view of the original question the folio inventory file is updated possibly more often than once a minute, and there is no "fixed update schedule". Otherwise NSR would have adapted to that reality. Instead the update algorithm might be something like "update as soon as N changes have occurred since the last update and update after any changes have been made and M seconds have passed since the last update.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2016, 04:50:02 PM »

This says to me that from the point of view of the original question the folio inventory file is updated possibly more often than once a minute, and there is no "fixed update schedule". Otherwise NSR would have adapted

LC has told me that the allnotes file is updated every 5 minutes.  However, other folks on this forum have told me that they believe the web site is more up to date than the file, and I think I have seen evidence to that effect.  My guess is that many are reading the web site rather than the file, in order to get faster than 5 minute access.