Author Topic: Credify - Laplanche  (Read 2036 times)

Fred93

• View Profile
Credify - Laplanche
« on: November 16, 2016, 10:21:54 PM »
You've no doubt seen various articles which say that Renaud Laplanche is starting a new company called Credify to compete with Lendingclub. 

Very little info is available, but they did post a few job openings on linkedin.  Here's the text from one of them.  (emphasis mine)
Come join the financial industry with literally “the world's most talented” team in FinTech that created one of the largest FinTech company of the last 10 years. Taking from their last success, the original core team is set to disrupt again with the next generation technology platform and business model, incorporating the latest available developments, such as the blockchain protocol. The company is currently in stealth mode, so this is an opportunity to join very early and benefit from a potential massive upside! While this is an engineering position, we are looking for talented individuals excited about finding solutions by leveraging their technology knowledge across all aspects of the business.

Blockchain.  Really now.

SLCPaladin

• View Profile
Re: Credify - Laplanche
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 02:02:07 PM »
Not sure if you read, or have ever heard of, Bloomberg's Matt Levine's Money Stuff newsletter, but if you have, "blockchain, blockchain, blockchain." His musings on the over-hype and misapplication of blockchain is rather amusing.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 04:17:30 PM »
Levine is a boss!  I try to model my publications off of his writing style somewhat.  He is so good

nonattender

• I am not here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 10:34:18 AM »
List of gullible venture capitalists, please.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.