Author Topic: Offset digits in Portfolio Column  (Read 1392 times)

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
Offset digits in Portfolio Column
« on: March 20, 2017, 04:14:10 PM »
Anybody else have this Portfolio name display issue with 16 and 31+ lates from the Summary page?

30. 11-201               (should be "30. 11-2016")

Editing out the space after the period doesn't help.  All other sources of Notes show all the digits in the portfolio name on the same line.  Problem began a few months ago.  Telling LC didn't help either.

What can I say, it bugs me.  Am I the only one seeing this?

Fred93

• View Profile
Re: Offset digits in Portfolio Column
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 05:08:00 PM »
That's a wraparound problem.  The field is too narrow to hold the text, so it wrapped to the next line. 

I also have a strong dislike for this kind of thing.

Have you tried experimenting with changing font size?  (ie hold down ctrl and hit - or +)  I don't claim this will fix it.  Just worth a try.

You said you edited out the space.  Space is a very narrow character.  Getting rid of it might not have created enough space for the "6".

Suggest you try editing out the "20" . I'll bet that fixes it.

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Offset digits in Portfolio Column
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 06:00:02 PM »
Thank you for the suggestions!

Yes, taking out "20" does fix it.  So does removing both the space and the "0" in front of some portfolios, like 14.7-2016 instead of 14. 07-2016.  Like removing "20" better.

Changing the font didn't help because all the font on the page changed at the same time.  Too bad.  That was a good idea I'd never have thought of.

The Grace notes from Summary don't have this wraparound attitude.  They don't object to my numbering system.

Thanks again for answering.