Author Topic: Investor pools and funding times on Prosper  (Read 4083 times)

academic

• View Profile
Investor pools and funding times on Prosper
« on: May 05, 2017, 10:42:01 AM »
Hello everyone. I am interested in learning more about different investment pools and funding times on Prosper. My impression is that investment_typeid=3 is for the "passive" whole loan pool. Can someone confirm? Is this the pool that goes through Prosper Asset Holdings LLC? Any insights as to how investments through PAH work? I also see that funding times for investment_typeid=3 used to me much higher than for investment_typeid=2 which is counter-intuitive if investment_typeid=3 is the passive/index pool. Do you know why it takes so long for the listings to fund in this pool if the funding there is "prearranged"? Am I missing anything? This is for academic research on P2P lending. Your answers are much appreciated!

Prescott

• View Profile
Re: Investor pools and funding times on Prosper
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 01:33:37 PM »
Hello everyone. I am interested in learning more about different investment pools and funding times on Prosper. My impression is that investment_typeid=3 is for the "passive" whole loan pool. Can someone confirm?

It's been a while, but I believe you're correct, this is the passive, private whole loan pool that is algorithmically allocated to institutional investors.

Is this the pool that goes through Prosper Asset Holdings LLC? Any insights as to how investments through PAH work?

It's probably their company that warehouses loans, that they are later reselling. For international investors, you usually need 5 business days, otherwise the investor might be considered "originating loans" which is a problem for them.

I also see that funding times for investment_typeid=3 used to me much higher than for investment_typeid=2 which is counter-intuitive if investment_typeid=3 is the passive/index pool. Do you know why it takes so long for the listings to fund in this pool if the funding there is "prearranged"? Am I missing anything?

Lots of reasons why come to mind, but all speculative. Active pool requires all investors to hit it at the same time, do analysis, etc. Passive can be done over the course of the day - it used to be more manual - files sent, then someone approves, etc. Easier to spread that through the day as you get more passive whole loan investors than have to scramble and get the whole thing done by X time.

academic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 04:58:14 PM »
Thank you for the reply, Prescott!

Huttagran

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 05:50:00 AM »
I will have to create it as well.

คาสิโน
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 01:05:33 AM by Huttagran »