Author Topic: High Yield Savings  (Read 842 times)

mrwhizzard

• View Profile
Re: High Yield Savings
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 12:00:10 PM »
Weird also is Ally's 11 month CD @1.5% APY with NO early withdrawal penalty.

I did some of those. Except for my own snafu no hassles. Probably made easier as I deposited the cash into a savings account there first (1.15% APY), then used it to fund the 1.5% 11 month CD's.

Yep, I have also opened a few of these. Also painless for me (about 3 minutes to click through the steps), since I too have other accounts there.

My snafu was that I bought 9 CD's and violated the maximum of 6 transfers in a statement period for my savings account. The extra 3 cost me $10 each. My bad.

So if you open several accounts at once, and fund them all from the same source, they still make individual withdrawal transactions? I was wondering about that, and I'm glad you found out for me.  :)

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 12:16:56 PM »
non-IRA.  And sadly I fall in all the exceptions to where I am pretty much SOL on IRAs and have no work retirement account.

Bummer, but at least what you have is yours and unencumbered with governmental oversight.

jennrod12

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 11:46:30 PM »
Anyone else here buy I-bonds?  You can only invest $10k each year now, but my husband and I each buy them and it adds up after a while.  The base rate is low or nonexistent now, but they typically pay in the 2-3% range per year, and will go up if interest rates go up.

Jenn