Author Topic: First  (Read 11832 times)

Keltset

• View Profile
Re: First
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »
For some reason I am reminded of the argument that Netscape should be bundled with Windows because Internet Explorer was.... hmmmmm

Jmar42

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 12:29:16 PM »
Yep, makes no sense having two illiquid markets.

twigster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 08:30:57 PM »
Decided to sell some out sized Prosper loans.  For all the knocks, the interface is pretty good (at least how it relates to selling notes).  I really like the 'sell at auction feature'.  There seems to be decent liquidity.  The first time around selling at auction starting with 0 % most notes got two or three bids driving up the price a little. 

Emmanuel

• View Profile
    • LendingRobot
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »
It would be nice to have a unified secondary platform.

Let's imagine a company is starting to work on that (hypothetically, of course!). How would you like this marketplace to work, what would be the key features? And, as important, what would you like this marketplace to avoid doing?

Jmar42

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2014, 11:06:59 AM »
Ideal would be a central limit order book  (CLOB),with priority to only displayed loans.

thezfunk

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 05:56:59 PM »
It would be nice to have a unified secondary platform.

Let's imagine a company is starting to work on that (hypothetically, of course!). How would you like this marketplace to work, what would be the key features? And, as important, what would you like this marketplace to avoid doing?

I think the biggest thing would be filters and searching.  The more fields to filter by, the better.  I know Prosper does auctions (in some cases) where LC does not.  Since there is no API I am guessing the sky is the limit almost on filter possibilities?  Screen scraping for life, I guess.

That doesn't even begin to bring automatic purchasing into it.  Once things look nice and are filterable then we can explore being able to automatically execute trades automagically.  Also, being able to automatically post notes in your portfolio to Folio would be nice.  Again, they meet a certain threshold and BAM! they get posted to Folio for sale.

Just some brain-storming thoughts.

Emmanuel

• View Profile
    • LendingRobot
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 10:45:59 AM »
Ideal would be a central limit order book  (CLOB),with priority to only displayed loans.

I tend to agree with the CLOB idea, but what do you mean by 'only displayed loans'?

Jmar42

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 10:52:24 AM »
This p2p lending market is very young. Because it is so new there will be much more innovation such as dark markets like the equity markets. You will also have more then the folio ATS. There will be several ats's like folio.