Author Topic: Members' Thoughts and Experience with StreetShares  (Read 2886 times)

2020traders

• View Profile
Re: Members' Thoughts and Experience with StreetShares
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2018, 02:58:01 PM »
So...a lot has not happened over the last four or five months with regard to opportunities for Pro Investors at Streetshares.  By following the investment opportunities that do post on the website it is apparent a few Pro Investors are still able to participate in new loans on a limited  basis.  However, it is also apparent that most of us who supported Streetshares' efforts to fund loans for Veteran business in the past are not excluded.  Very little information has been shared by the company in this regard.  Private inquiries result in somewhat vague responses regarding future plans for the Pro Investor platform.  Announcements are alluded to, but  then deferred for one reason or another.  This detracts from the original freshness and seeming transparency I experienced earlier on.  Signs of growth no doubt, however, Streetshares would likely do well to pay attention to that part of its original investor base that supported operations in good faith and with their own hard earned dollars.  I'm hopeful this post will reach some of the many investors who regularly invested and reinvested in the Pro Investor problem, but have, at least for now, been kicked to the curb.  In particular, it would be good and I feel, appropriate, to hear from Peter Renton who has still been able to engage in new, ongoing loans as a Pro Investor.  Thanks all.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
Re: Members' Thoughts and Experience with StreetShares
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 10:13:13 PM »
2020traders, I reached out to the CEO of Streetshares and questioned him on your post here. This is what he said:
"We put our 5% Veteran Business Bond investor money to work first, followed by StreetShares Pro investor money on a FIFO (e.g., "oldest-accounts-fill-first basis"). Pro investors who have been with us for awhile get first dibs."

I have been with Streetshares almost since the beginning which is why I expect I am able to stay pretty much fully invested.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns