Author Topic: Buy notes on the secondary market with API  (Read 2741 times)

hdsouza

• View Profile
Re: Buy notes on the secondary market with API
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 05:30:48 PM »
Yes i have encountered a few of those already :)

In my research of getting this script to work I had opened numerous requests, one of which was lendingclub support. They mentioned an interesting tool, which could write the code for you. So for some of us who are not technically savvy that would be a good starting point.
It is https://www.getpostman.com/. You download the software and its free for the most part.
So to get you balance you could do something like this. They have a CODE option to the right where can save the resulting code.. They have several  nice options, like php, ruby, java, etc, etc

I could not get the Buys to work via postman, but lending club support mentioned that their developer would be back after the holidays and would assist then

jheizer

• View Profile
    • LC Tools
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2017, 07:06:15 PM »
HA! Yes. What maybe like 50%?  My folio buyer always drove me mad.
Replacement to P2P Quant's Percentile Tool http://lc.geekminute.com

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 08:19:02 PM »
HA! Yes. What maybe like 50%?  My folio buyer always drove me mad.

Yea!  50%.  A few months back I sent in a query asking why such a large fraction fail to go thru.  I provided evidence from my logs, with note#s etc.  They didn't understand the question, so answered a different question.

When I get up the gumption, I'm gonna try asking this again, because there is clearly something I don't understand going on.

jheizer

• View Profile
    • LC Tools
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 08:51:11 PM »
Lol that your data was even close to my annoyance feeling.  I finally just turned it off between that and just wanting to shift to away from having even more of the same vintage I already had.
Replacement to P2P Quant's Percentile Tool http://lc.geekminute.com

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 11:41:46 PM »
I just sent LC another Fred93-0-gram asking them to tell us why so many secondary note purchases fail.  ... with excerpts from my log, asking about specific note failures, etc.  So... starting this dialog once again.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 05:10:32 AM by Fred93 »

hdsouza

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2018, 05:48:10 PM »
Does anyone have an automated  way to get the list of notes available on the secondary market. I am not referring to the DOWNLOAD FULL INVENTORY but a list based on selection criteria - DOWNLOAD SEARCH RESULTS.?
I dont believe LC had Oath or some kind of authentication other than using the brower and loggin in manually, correct?

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 07:21:14 PM »
Does anyone have an automated  way to get the list of notes available on the secondary market. I am not referring to the DOWNLOAD FULL INVENTORY but a list based on selection criteria - DOWNLOAD SEARCH RESULTS.?
I dont believe LC had Oath or some kind of authentication other than using the brower and loggin in manually, correct?

First I automated the logging in etc, which was a big pain in the ass.  But about a year ago or so LC implemented an API to get the list.  They never published the new Folio API on their web site.  You have to ask for it.  Now I only use the login approach when the API fails (which it does occasionally).

I don't think its supposed to be a big secret.  I think its more like their entire effort re Folio is way understaffed and the dots just didn't get connected.

apc3161

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 05:53:10 AM »

Write a program to download the notes (the .csv file) from the provided URL. Then you write a program to filter the loans in the .csv file. As far as I know, you have to download the entire non-filtered csv file with every single loan, you can't download a list of loans based off of any criteria.

hdsouza

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 07:04:32 PM »
Thanks Fred. That is great info.
I have already reached out to LC investor support. I finally pointed them to what you mentioned as far as an API for the specific usage, and they did provide the API.

Although the only query parameters they have with the API is "updatedSince". I was expecting they would have queries based on credit score and several other filters. Did you have the same experience?

Dave101

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2018, 07:15:31 PM »
I have already reached out to LC investor support. I finally pointed them to what you mentioned as far as an API for the specific usage, and they did provide the API.

Although the only query parameters they have with the API is "updatedSince". I was expecting they would have queries based on credit score and several other filters. Did you have the same experience?

The Word doc I received has the same info. It's broken, though. Notes don't appear in the listings until they're 4-6 minutes old, so I use an updatedSince=10 to try to catch them all. Even then, some notes are already unavailable as soon as they appear, and they're always the best ones. My guess is that institutional investors have first dibs.

hdsouza

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 07:33:32 PM »
Appreciate the response, but that was not my question. I was not looking at "updated since".
 I was looking for query based on credit scrore, ask price, ytm.. all the options that they already have on the buy notes site to filter notes.  Any experience in combining these options with the API URL?

Maybe I will shoot LC support another email

Dave101

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 07:55:07 PM »
Appreciate the response, but that was not my question. I was not looking at "updated since".
 I was looking for query based on credit scrore, ask price, ytm.. all the options that they already have on the buy notes site to filter notes.  Any experience in combining these options with the API URL?

There's nothing in the doc I have about any other query parameters. I just apply my own filter to the results I get back.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 08:09:09 PM »

Good.  I pointed out to them today that about a year has gone by and they haven't updated the API info on the web page.  They agreed and said it would be done in "the next sprint".

Yep.  I would have preferred that they use a COMMON CODE BASE, and provide the same filter parameters for both API and web page, but their programmers seem to do everything from scratch making it different every way you look at it.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 09:07:13 PM »
The Word doc I received has the same info. It's broken, though. Notes don't appear in the listings until they're 4-6 minutes old, so I use an updatedSince=10 to try to catch them all. Even then, some notes are already unavailable as soon as they appear, and they're always the best ones.

Indeed!  I've explained to them at length the problems with their implementation of "updated since".  Was a very frustrating one-sided discussion.  I would love to put a very short time window value in that field, but we are forced to put a longer value in, because they have some sort of massive latency as new sell orders flow thru their system.  My guess is that the sell orders get time tagged when they're entered into one database and then there's a batch process that runs maybe every 5 minutes or so that moves them to another database where we can see them, and they used the creation time tag when evaluating "updated since". 

However, it doesn't matter what I explain to them, nobody'd gonna go back and spend time to fix it, 'cause management doesn't allocate any time to maintaining the LC/folio software.

Dave101

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2018, 02:32:21 AM »
My guess is that the sell orders get time tagged when they're entered into one database and then there's a batch process that runs maybe every 5 minutes or so that moves them to another database where we can see them, and they used the creation time tag when evaluating "updated since".

That would seem to be the case, but notes are definitely available to buy (if you know the note ID and price) the instant they're posted. I've done back to back sell<->buy API calls between two different accounts to test. Someone is buying the great notes-- current never late notes with strong upward FICO ratings that are discounted 3% or more-- before they ever hit the listings.