Author Topic: Accelerated Liquidity for Lending Club: How Liquid P2P Works  (Read 10707 times)

lctz

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Accelerated Liquidity for Lending Club: How Liquid P2P Works
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 07:44:29 PM »
>   I've monitored the traded note for a day, only a few hundreds traded a day.

How do you monitor traded notes?

I pulled listed notes every few minutes and found out the missing loans in adjacent pulls.  Those loans were traded.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 10:53:35 PM »

How do you monitor traded notes?

I pulled listed notes every few minutes and found out the missing loans in adjacent pulls.  Those loans were traded.

You don't KNOW that they were traded.  Surely some of them were traded, but ... Some notes disappear because of a payment.  Some notes disappear because their listing expired.  Some notes disappear because the seller removed them explicitly.

lctz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2019, 09:11:38 AM »

You don't KNOW that they were traded.  Surely some of them were traded, but ... Some notes disappear because of a payment.  Some notes disappear because their listing expired.  Some notes disappear because the seller removed them explicitly.

True, yet it is the only approximation.

Filmore

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2019, 10:09:36 AM »
Agree, it is such an illiquid market.  I've monitored the traded note for a day, only a few hundreds traded a day.  Most of the note are way overpriced and there is no option to bid instead of just take the ask price.

I have an automated bot on the secondary market and it sees about 150k ~ 200k "decision points" per day. Decision points are either new notes, or an existing note with a better price. Most get rejected for being too far from maturity for my tastes. The bot doesn't even get to the "is it worth it" evaluation.