Author Topic: Resources to start programming an secondary purchases via API?  (Read 2718 times)

paisano

• View Profile
    • Email
I invested some play money in the Folio secondary market.  Returns are okay, better than LC notes.  I would like to automate but don't know where to start... Any advice?

I am somewhat tech savvy but  Well, I used to be.... I have not done any programming since the 1990's when I was a decent programmer in VB, C++, SQL.  Still, I wasn't the greatest programmer so my company put me into management for my sins.  Haven't programmed since.    8)

tomusn83

• View Profile
Re: Resources to start programming an secondary purchases via API?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 05:56:06 PM »
I have some Python code I was using to automate my Folio investing I can share with you. Send me an e-mail if you want it. My gmail address is the same as my username here.

LiKenun

• View Profile
Re: Resources to start programming an secondary purchases via API?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 10:07:00 PM »
I have a similar request, except Iíve already gotten most of my program off the ground: it can buy notes from the secondary market, list notes that Iím already holding, and get my account summary. However, I have not been able to successfully list my open buy/sell transactions. Going by the documentation, Iím supposed to connect to "https://api.lendingclub.com/api/investor/v1/secondarymarket/accounts/#########/orders". I get a 4xx error in my C# program. And when I tried to debug it in JavaScript (because debugging HTTP/JSON responses in C# is a pain in the ass for me), I got back this object:
Code: [Select]
{
  "errors": [
    {
      "field": null,
      "code": "terms-of-use",
      "message": "Traffic from your IP address appears to be in violation of our terms of use. Your support code is  #####################. If you believe you received this message in error, please contact support@lendingclub.com with your support code."
    }
  ]
}
At first I though I had exceeded some limit, but it turned out I had already considered rate limits in my code. And according to another topic (https://forum.lendacademy.com/index.php?topic=4925.0) there is some secret API that I donít know about that can list these open transactions?