Author Topic: Review of my lending club account  (Read 11435 times)

JDII

• View Profile
Re: Review of my lending club account
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 09:09:15 PM »
I notice that your NAR has risen by almost a percentage point over the last couple months, despite the dramatic downturn in the economy. As noted in another thread, this discrepancy can likely be explained by the fact that LC continues to class as Current many notes that are actually no longer being paid.

Have you checked to see how many of your "Current" notes are on Hardship Plan?

My NAR has been trending up for months.  It has trended up more since all this foolishness started in March.  I would guess that a lot of notes that would be In Grace are in the Hardship category.  It seems the NAR is counting them as Current.  I haven't dived into the math on that but it feels like that is the case. I would bet most people are seeeing their NAR trend up right now.

What is going to happen in June and July is the real question. 

43 of my notes are in Hardship.  That would be 5.5% of my total notes and 7.5% of my current notes. 

JimGasperini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2020, 01:44:19 PM »
43 of my notes are in Hardship.

How do you check which notes are in Hardship? As noted in other threads, since sometime in March notes that go into Hardship are not flagged as such in the spreadsheet downloaded from Holdings. The only way I have found to check which notes are actually in Hardship is to view the details for each individual note. Is there a simpler way?

JDII

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2020, 02:12:24 PM »
How do you check which notes are in Hardship? As noted in other threads, since sometime in March notes that go into Hardship are not flagged as such in the spreadsheet downloaded from Holdings. The only way I have found to check which notes are actually in Hardship is to view the details for each individual note. Is there a simpler way?

I eyeballed it.  I looked at everything that was listed as Current but more than 30 days until next payment date.  I supposed it could be higher for notes that may be in hardship and were pushed from March payments to May.

Joe6Luck

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2020, 02:27:00 AM »
Here is my findings about the notes in the status of hardship plan/deferred payment. LC allows me to list such notes on the page of "Folio - Sell Notes". However,  after I tried listing such notes for sale,

- they show up on the page of "Folio - My Account - Open Sell Orders"
  - but, they don't actually shown up on the page of "Folio - Browse Notes".

So, this looks good news to folio buyers (avoid mistakenly buying such notes with inappropriate discount) and bad news to folio sellers (limitation to liquidate such notes at appropriate discount.)

Regardless, I think Lending Club should have made it a transparent process. However, they just disappointed me one more time.

Debt Free

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 02:46:56 AM »
I have experienced the exact same thing.  "Supposedly marketable" since you can "list" it, but they won't list them as if they are in default.  If you can list a note 30-120 late, but not hardship, something is W-R-O-N-G.  No way around it.  Dancing around another potential class action by investors?

JDII

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 10:59:39 PM »
Had some issues with my email and had to create a new account.  The previous thread is located:  https://forum.lendacademy.com/index.php/topic,4828.0.html

A lot of you guys on here were very kind answering my questions prior to me signing up with Lending Club.  I'll try to give an update monthly or so.

I started buying loans on 09-14-17 and I've been adding several to my account weekly.

Update as of 06.01.20

My annualized return on loans that have paid off is 9.50%. 

My Notes at-a-Glance         801

Not Yet Issued                     10
Issued & Current                  576
In Grace Period                    4
Fully Paid                            167
Late 16-30                          0
Late 31-120 Days                3
Default                               1
Charged Off                        38
Canceled                            2

Adjusted Net Annualized Return      7.41%
Net Annualized Return                   11.75%
Weighted Average Age of Portfolio  16.1 months

My notes by grade are:

A  21.30%
B  60.30%
C  13.10%
D  4.10%
E   1.10%

I've been using LC picks (see other threads in the forum about them if you are unfamiliar) in order to pick which loans to invest in. My LC picks ranking is 67.1/82.

Thanks again for all who helped out in the past.

JDII

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2020, 04:04:08 PM »
Had some issues with my email and had to create a new account.  The previous thread is located:  https://forum.lendacademy.com/index.php/topic,4828.0.html

A lot of you guys on here were very kind answering my questions prior to me signing up with Lending Club.  I'll try to give an update monthly or so.

I started buying loans on 09-14-17 and I've been adding several to my account weekly.

Update as of 07.04.20

My annualized return on loans that have paid off is 9.47%.

My Notes at-a-Glance         830

Not Yet Issued                    6
Issued & Current                583
In Grace Period                   4
Fully Paid                           191
Late 16-30                         0
Late 31-120 Days               3
Default                               0
Charged Off                        41

Adjusted Net Annualized Return      7.95%
Net Annualized Return                   11.80%
Weighted Average Age of Portfolio  16.5 months

My notes by grade are:

A  22.70%
B  58.90%
C  13.30%
D  4.0%
E   1.10%

I've been using LC picks (see other threads in the forum about them if you are unfamiliar) in order to pick which loans to invest in. My LC picks ranking is 67.1/82.

JDII

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2020, 05:12:55 PM »

Update as of 08.01.20

My annualized return on loans that have paid off is 9.49%.

My Notes at-a-Glance         855

Not Yet Issued                    4
Issued & Current                593
In Grace Period                   4
Fully Paid                           208
Late 16-30                         0
Late 31-120 Days               3
Default                               0
Charged Off                        41

Adjusted Net Annualized Return      8.72%
Net Annualized Return                   11.86%
Weighted Average Age of Portfolio  16.9 months

My notes by grade are:

A  22.30%
B  60.10%
C  12.90%
D  3.6%
E   1.10%

I've been using LC picks (see other threads in the forum about them if you are unfamiliar) in order to pick which loans to invest in. My LC picks ranking is 66.9/82.