Author Topic: Do you see more late notes during the holidays  (Read 7258 times)

rev

• View Profile
    • Interest Radar
    • Email
Re: Do you see more late notes during the holidays
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 01:15:04 PM »
I think your perception is right. If you compare the first 19 days of the last 3 months and December up to today, this is the average number of loans going In Grace Period per day:

Sep: 131/day
Oct: 122/day
Nov: 109/day
Dec: 145/day

You have to take into account that the total number of loans is increasing too, but definitely not that fast.
On the other hand, the number of loans going Current from a grace period or late status is increasing as well (71/day last month until the 19th, to 76/day this month so far).
May be a good opportunity to grab some cheap In Grace Period in the secondary market... http://www.interestradar.com/analysis?LS=5&ShowFolioFn=1

Mullery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 08:15:03 PM »
I had 6 go into grace period in the past week or so.  Two are now late, 1 still in grace period, 3 are now current.  Not a total disaster.  We'll see about those late notes...

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 10:06:02 PM »
I have 17 Late (31-120 days) notes for sale at 50% off of the principal only.  They are not selling.  The 18th one went into default today.  I don't know whether to keep reducing the price or to just let the listings run out and wait to see what they look like in January.

Originally there were 20 more, in assorted stages of lateness.  11 of those are now current and the other 9 have either made a partial payment or are on a new Payment Plan.

Another 3 somehow sold early (12-05 to 12-12), while I was getting used to the pricing conundrum.  Of those, one has paid in full, one is now on a Payment Plan, and the third is in Ch. 7 bankruptcy (sold for $2, on $24.47 principal).

There are so many currents going grace and graces going current every day that I am ignoring them.  They are no longer on my list of concerns.  Today, 7 went each way!

The people at LC must be hard pressed to keep up the call priority lists!  Sure glad that isn't on MY to-do schedule!!

Sorry this was so long.  I'm not very good at knowing when to stop typing.  :-\