Author Topic: Prosper Funding LLC Approved by the SEC  (Read 24764 times)

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
Re: Prosper Funding LLC Approved by the SEC
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 06:11:14 PM »
Let me say one thing about Prospers.org. There are some very smart people over there and when I first started blogging here I learned a great deal about p2p lending from reading and participating on that forum. Over time I just found the negative tone to be tiresome and the attacks on differing opinions to be worrisome. I do still check in from time to time because, as I said, there are a lot of smart cookies on Prospers.org who still follow this industry very closely. And after wading through the negative vitriol one can still learn something.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

NoGoodDeed

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 01:49:42 PM »
"Perceived" irrational vitriol?...........I'm guessing it's more than just a perception. More like part of the DNA over there  :)

Well speaking of DNA, Prosper has a new Board now (as everybody knows).
Complaints about how Prosper used to be run appears to have some justification.

Anywho...

Here's a little insight about how Prosper's lenders/supporters who literally sat elbow-to-elbow with Prosper CEO Chris Larsen turned so antagonistic.  Written by a prospers.org regular.
http://fred93blog.blogspot.com/2009/11/prospercom-paradise-lost-deadbeats-won.html

Nice conclusion there in view of recent changes:
If I were one of the VCs considering an investment, I'd be lookin' to replace Chris Larsen.

Written in 2009!  :o

We've gotten off-topic.  But I didn't bring up prospers.org.   :)
Disclaimer: Peter announced that I'm from a group with a vested interest in seeing Prosper fail. 
Also, Peter makes money referring people to Prosper.

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 09:21:20 PM »
NoGoodDeed..........Actually you did bring them up,................again!

I just want to know what all you people are going to do one day when the lawsuit etc. is all finished & done with. Will this crusade be over then?
Are you people planning on telling some other company how to run their business &/or who should be CEO or on their board? Because if you are thinking in that direction, I could give you a few names of companies that have pissed me off in the past & you guys can sink your teeth into them. I'll be glad to help, just let me know.