Author Topic: YTM is back!!!!  (Read 2093 times)

yojoakak

• View Profile
    • Check out my Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script for LendingClub here
    • Email
YTM is back!!!!
« on: January 12, 2013, 02:26:34 PM »
...on Foliofn Browse Notes.

Are the numbers any better than they were before?

I can get in the neighborhood of their value with my own IRR calculation.

But they still seem to give up  with a '--' on some notes that otherwise seem like they should be calculable.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:38:29 PM by yojoakak »

yojoakak

• View Profile
    • Check out my Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script for LendingClub here
    • Email
Re: YTM is back!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:26:19 AM »
When they brought back the YTM column I believe they added this footnote:

"Yield to Maturity is a calculated rate of return (annualized) that an investor would receive on a Note assuming a) the Note is purchased at the listed price, b) the Note is held to maturity, c) all payments are received in full and on schedule according to the original loan terms, and d) the effect of Lending Club's servicing fee.

For non-current Notes and payment plans, the calculation assumes the borrower resumes paying the contractual amount on the next payment date and continues monthly payments until the full outstanding principal has been paid. For example, if the borrower is 3 payments behind when the loan is sold, the formula assumes that their final payment will be 3 payments after the initially determined final payment date (the formula does not assume a one time "catch up" payment is made to bring the loan current within its initial term). YTM is only one means of assessing the potential value of a Note and should be used in concert with other items such as loan status, payment history, Markup/Discount, etc. As a result, YTM is speculative when the underlying loan has a status other than current at the time of purchase."

That's pretty optimistic.  What would you put into your ideal YTM calculation?