Author Topic: How Can Prosper Improve for Investors?  (Read 17953 times)

chasingbread

• View Profile
Re: How Can Prosper Improve for Investors?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
For convenience purposes mostly, a section that displays your "gain/loss to date" for the current monthly statement would be nice. I know I could look at my last statement and do the math, but it would be convenient and even motivating (MAYBE) if I see my gains increase throughout the month. I believe this was in place in the old days, but I am not 100% on that.

This might be totally irrelevant to some, but for me someone with only 200+ notes with a wide range of different amounts in each note, it would be nice to know what loans your most recent payments came from. With my larger notes, I like to know who is doubling up payments or just paying fast in general in order to prepare to re-deploy those funds into other worthy notes. At times, I find myself not logging in because I am not expecting any big payments coming in, but to my surprise somebody is paying early, double, etc.

For collections, I think a section for comments to be uploaded for collectors would be nice. I for one would like to at least know that collectors are actively engaging with the borrowers to collect unpaid balances. No privacy details have to be listed, but at least a simple call log that displays if contact was made or not. I don't know if there is any legal challenges to that.

My math gurus can check me on this, but would a "current ROI as of today" section be feasible? For us that are not the most savvy with numbers, statistics etc., it would be nice to have at least a ESTIMATED ROI of our portfolio that updates daily automatically.  I know there are websites that provide our profile with those numbers, but for one they differ from each other in my case, and for two, not everyone is up to speed with all those third-party sites.

Just a few suggestions that are entirely necessary, but they would add to the platform as a whole.

Thanks.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 06:20:49 PM »
Actually, it'd be quiite as simple as developing a "diversification score" - visualize a little pie-chart which shows your per loan exposure...

An algorithmic solution like that could simply be informational rather than guidant:  "Your diversification % after this investment will be"

Be a nice little datapoint to see, in easy visual format, on the account page, as well... and the algo could be either simple or "weighted".

I love this idea. I think something like that would be really useful and at the very least might give a person pause if they see they are poorly diversified.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »
For convenience purposes mostly, a section that displays your "gain/loss to date" for the current monthly statement would be nice. I know I could look at my last statement and do the math, but it would be convenient and even motivating (MAYBE) if I see my gains increase throughout the month. I believe this was in place in the old days, but I am not 100% on that.

This might be totally irrelevant to some, but for me someone with only 200+ notes with a wide range of different amounts in each note, it would be nice to know what loans your most recent payments came from. With my larger notes, I like to know who is doubling up payments or just paying fast in general in order to prepare to re-deploy those funds into other worthy notes. At times, I find myself not logging in because I am not expecting any big payments coming in, but to my surprise somebody is paying early, double, etc.

For collections, I think a section for comments to be uploaded for collectors would be nice. I for one would like to at least know that collectors are actively engaging with the borrowers to collect unpaid balances. No privacy details have to be listed, but at least a simple call log that displays if contact was made or not. I don't know if there is any legal challenges to that.

My math gurus can check me on this, but would a "current ROI as of today" section be feasible? For us that are not the most savvy with numbers, statistics etc., it would be nice to have at least a ESTIMATED ROI of our portfolio that updates daily automatically.  I know there are websites that provide our profile with those numbers, but for one they differ from each other in my case, and for two, not everyone is up to speed with all those third-party sites.

Just a few suggestions that are entirely necessary, but they would add to the platform as a whole.

Thanks.

More good ideas here. I am not sure why Prosper don't even show you an ROI whereas at Lending Club it is front and center when you login. Lending Club also provides all the details from the collections agency which I find useful and I know many, many people have complained about this lack of transparency at Prosper.

I am going to remind them again of the many great ideas presented here.

Bilgefisher

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 01:27:56 PM »
Peter,

With the forum reorganization, is it possible their accounts were deleted?  I know mine was.

Jason

Bilgefisher

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 02:43:56 PM »
-I would like to be able to have two notes on 1 listing.

Currently if I bid $50 on a loan then later bid $100.  I will have a $150 note.

I would rather have a $50 note and $100 note.  $150 note is much harder to sell on folio then the smaller notes.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 06:11:54 PM »
Peter,

With the forum reorganization, is it possible their accounts were deleted?  I know mine was.

Jason

Yes, unfortunately Chris Larsen's account was deleted (I was mortified about this whole thing) but I reached out to him and he has since re-created his account. I am going to talking with him soon and I will mention it again.

Bilgefisher

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 12:41:01 PM »
I stand corrected on the searching for featured loans.  I can setup a saved search for featured loans with my search criteria.  Pretty easy to do.

I still think a little indication that the note is featured may be helpful.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »
I stand corrected on the searching for featured loans.  I can setup a saved search for featured loans with my search criteria.  Pretty easy to do.

I still think a little indication that the note is featured may be helpful.

But the question is will you ever find featured loans that meet your criteria. I think in the last year I have found one featured listing that met my criteria.

Bilgefisher

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 01:55:14 PM »
Peter,  The same is true for me.  I did not even know it was a featured note until the 3.25% showed on my detail page.

I have 3 loan filters setup currently.  One for featured plus all my other requirements, one with just my requirements, and one with bare minimum 30+ payments.  I do the last just to see how many repeat borrowers are out there at D or lower.

I have only seen 1 featured borrower with 30+ payments history and s/he has so many other negative factors I couldn't even try to bid on it.

GM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »
Hope you all saw some of the changes on Prosper which have taken place in the last couple of days, which came straight from your requests.

1)  We now show asset allocation.
2)  We now show your ROI on your investor overview page.
3)  We introduced automatic Quick Invest, so as loan requests are posted on the site, your Quick Invest can automatically invest in them and you don't miss out.

Here's a blog post about them: http://blog.prosper.com/2011/10/27/new-for-investors-asset-allocation-seasoned-returns-and-more/

Hope you like these changes and we are looking forward to your feed back.

We are working on your other suggestions as well.  Stay tuned!

Glenn G. Millar
Prosper Employee

Bilgefisher

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »
Glenn.  Gotta say, those changes are a huge improvement.  I think it was mentioned on the blog, but it adds a level of sophistication to the site.  Hopefully it helps draw in more investors and borrowers alike.

Jason

WES

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2011, 03:57:01 PM »
Glenn,

I agree that the changes are a big improvement. But the overview page should show a  summary of notes, counted by active, paid, late, in review, listed for trade. And you should be able to pull up inventory detail for each category count by clicking on it.

And it would be nice to see collection details for past due notes, similar to what Lending Club shows.

jimr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 11:27:43 AM »
just starting with HR loans being extremely picky and have found some I like only to fill aeconds before I throw my $25 out, Always worth-blanket2, kinda annoying

GM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 02:21:36 PM »
just starting with HR loans being extremely picky and have found some I like only to fill aeconds before I throw my $25 out, Always worth-blanket2, kinda annoying

Have auto tried auto quick invest?  That's why you are getting beat out.  In auto quick invest you designate the types of loans you want and how much you want to invest and as the listings show up you are automatically invested. 

Hope that helps.

Glenn G. Millar
Prosper Employee

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 08:26:40 PM »
I'd like to know why it takes 5-7 days for a sold note to settle at Prosper when it takes 1-3 days at Lending Club. They both use Folio. During the entire week long process Prosper or someone holds onto to my money for free.