Author Topic: Did payments not post today?  (Read 22904 times)

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
Re: Did payments not post today?
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2013, 12:25:49 AM »
No payment posted yesterday and today?  That's weird.

It's because LC does not set any due dates for mdays after the 28th (because of Feb).  The last batch of payments to post was in fact for the 28th so there's going to be a gap of a few days.  I suppose they could have had payments normally due on the 29th be due March 1st in non-leap years but it seems much simpler just to do it this way.

SarahV

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2013, 01:15:52 AM »
They do have notes due on the 29th/30th/31st but they reset to the 28th in February, so there aren't very many of them and they're all issued in the past 3 months or so. You might happen to not have any. I have one or two.

I've been seeing a lot of weird stuff in the past week: two notes paid one day later than other notes due on the same day; one showed as paying in grace and one showed as on time. (The grace one pisses me off 'cause I'd sold it immediately after it failed to pay on time, and of course then it got canceled for payment because it takes so long for the sales to settle. Now I am stuck with it having paid in grace period even though I suspect an LC glitch.)

Plus I had a note get canceled due to payment twice, on two different days. There was only one payment. I just sold it a third time and I'm really hoping it sticks, I'm getting tired of looking at that one  :P

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2013, 01:58:37 AM »
They do have notes due on the 29th/30th/31st but they reset to the 28th in February, so there aren't very many of them and they're all issued in the past 3 months or so. You might happen to not have any. I have one or two.

Hmmm interesting!  That's good info.  I picked out one of my 28th notes at random and the very first one... sure enough, back in January it was due on the 30th.  I stand corrected.  I have never ever noticed that before.  Thanks!

I've been seeing a lot of weird stuff in the past week

As have I.  I had three "pre-grace" sales get busted/reversed Monday for "payment received" when no payment was in fact made.  I got stuck with them as they went into grace.  Maybe "They" are catching on to that strategy. 

SarahV

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2013, 02:22:25 AM »
As have I.  I had three "pre-grace" sales get busted/reversed Monday for "payment received" when no payment was in fact made.  I got stuck with them as they went into grace.  Maybe "They" are catching on to that strategy.
Ewww. You have a link to one of those? I always sell "pre-grace" and I'd very much like to see what that's all about...

I just looked and the one that went from current > completed in grace period without letting me sell is still "pending" and not actually canceled yet. Odd. I wonder if it will go through after all. I'm not even sure what I'm rooting for there, because a mere one day late seems like LC glitch and not a usual failed payment > discussion > get the money > pay > wait four days for ACH transfer > etc. And I sold it at a bit of a discount, so if it's an OK note I wouldn't mind keeping it instead. On the other hand, if there really was a problem with the payment, I'd be glad to get rid of it for just 25 cents off what I paid and not have to deal with trying to sell it with an IGP on the record.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2013, 03:00:42 AM »
You have a link to one of those? I always sell "pre-grace" and I'd very much like to see what that's all about...

Sure, if you want a link I can give you one.  But I don't think it will tell you anything because the folio page doesn't show history or anything?

Here's a note from the same loan:  https://www.lendingclub.com/foliofn/loanPerf.action?loan_id=1024086&order_id=4502080&note_id=7177418

The only odd thing is the payment completion date is earlier than I would have expected.  It shows completed on 5/31.  But it was NOT there Monday.  And on Tuesday it went into grace status.  Today (Wednesday) it changed to current.  I got them all back, which I guess I'm fine with since there is absolutely no record of this happening.  Now I can turn around and take my time selling it to the next guy.

SarahV

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2013, 03:14:24 AM »
That's exactly why I wanted to look at it, to see if they might have back-dated the payment.

After seeing that, I just checked that one of mine that paid a day late and got canceled twice - it originally said completed on 6/4 and they've now changed it to 6/3. Luckily I sold that one at a profit, and it wasn't a particularly amazing note, so I don't mind being rid of it.

yaoyao

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2013, 10:03:09 AM »

It makes sense now.  Several 29th, 30th and 31st notes became 28th notes in Feb.  I don't have any other 29th, 30th and 31st after Feb.  Thanks for the explanation.