Author Topic: Did payments not post today?  (Read 25210 times)

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
Re: Did payments not post today?
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2013, 08:53:45 PM »
Don't keep us in suspense, Sean; what did you learn?  I'm guessing since you haven't posted anything else that they haven't gotten back to you again, but what was this "interesting conversation" that you already had with them?

I wonder how much valuation vaporized overnight due to this error.  I know I took quite a hit, unrealized.  I'm irritated, but not quite irritated enough to call in and listen to non-answers.

yaoyao

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2013, 05:39:22 PM »
Have you seen any 5/20 notes posted today?  Hopefully we wont get another batch of 3/4 and 5/13 notes.

SarahV

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2013, 05:46:09 PM »
Not a single one. Half of my payments from yesterday are still pending, too. (They show "completed," but the actual money hasn't showed up.)

GS

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 06:04:09 PM »
Same here, but I only have one 5/20 note.  Still waiting on payments from yesterday too.  I'm not too optimistic at this point, especially since they seemed to have a server meltdown yesterday.

SBryantMS

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2013, 06:06:48 PM »
Years ago, I had a customer deploy a new software release.  Tested great, but when it went into production -- took 7 days to post 5 days (Monday through Friday) worth of transactions.  They had to pull it on the first three day weekend -- two days to finish posting -- one day to go back to the old system.

LC seems to be encountering IT growth problems -- I wonder how the "Larger" accounts are reacting to these issues?

To me the bigger issue is "can they throw hardware at the problem" or "have the software capabilities been exceeded?"

SarahV

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2013, 06:35:00 PM »
Looks like the 5/20 notes are posting, just a little late. Most of mine are "completed" now.

yaoyao

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2013, 07:02:24 PM »
Mine are completed too.  It is a lot later than before.

@SBryantMS.  Hardware one is much easier to fix.  Software issues will take much longer development cycle.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2013, 07:23:37 PM »
LC seems to be encountering IT growth problems --

From Computer Science Oh-notation perspective, their payment process is an O(N^2) problem: payments from N loans, allocated N-way to note-holders.

Even if we assume a loan is allocated to a fixed number of note-holders (say, 100), LC still need to double their IT capability everytime they double the number of loans.

SBryantMS

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2013, 07:30:37 PM »
Does anyone know any details of their IT infrastructure?

What hardware and/or software that they are running?  I assume that their application was custom written in house -- no off the shelf P2P software available.

SarahV

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2013, 11:21:19 AM »
Did anyone have any weirdness in their 5/27 notes?

All of mine but two were completed on 5/31 as you would expect. Of the last two, one went into grace period and one showed up as completed on 6/3. I've never seen a note show as completed a day late for no reason... does this mean they paid late but didn't get qualified as "grace period" for some reason? Or did LC screw something up? Seems strange. It showed as "processing..." all weekend.

This is the note in question: http://www.lendingclub.com/foliofn/loanPerf.action?loan_id=1559762&order_id=3430610&note_id=14112486

yaoyao

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2013, 11:57:16 AM »
I don't have issues with 5/27 notes, but one of 5/25 notes went IGP this morning.  It showed "current" all weekend and yesterday.

SarahV

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »
5/25 and 5/27 processed in the same batch (all part of the long weekend)...

yaoyao

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2013, 06:45:00 PM »
No payment posted yesterday and today?  That's weird.

New Jersey Guy

• Hell Yea it's a Hemi!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2013, 08:02:44 PM »
"By my calculations, notes with a date of 3/4 should have posted to my account today. But 90% of my notes dated 3/4 are still "processing" ~4 hours after they normally would post a payment."

Sarah.....Did you get these cleared up yet?  Or are they still processing?  I've been losing sleep ever since you started this thread.
Return over deposits:   66.82%
IRR:   86.54%
As of April 30, 2014

LonghornSF

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2013, 12:17:59 AM »
I had a 5/26 note go IGP but everything else after that has posted fined so far. When do collection logs usually start on IGP notes? I don't see any collection notes yet and its 10 days late.