Author Topic: New Prosper Layout  (Read 4062 times)

dagilbe

• View Profile
    • Email
New Prosper Layout
« on: April 03, 2013, 06:17:23 AM »
I hate it.  Everything is darker and the font is difficult to read.  It sounds like more amateur hour from Prosper's new leadership. 

hippo387

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Prosper Layout
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 07:41:58 AM »
The changes are relatively minor and it looks more professional. In the end, this doesn't matter too much. What does matter is I noticed many more available loans over the past couple days.

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 09:30:01 AM »
The design changes seem ok, but I don't understand the logo change.

They've got some copy-checking to do:

"On Prosper, borrowers list loan requests between $2,000 and $25,000 and individual lenders invest as little as $25 in each loan listing they select."

With the new loan max being $35k, they should've caught this on the management overview page. Not that it matters significantly, but I just noticed it.

ee1x

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 10:57:33 AM »
I think I like the new layout so far. For some reason I think the color scheme does seem a bit more professional. The font is a little weird-looking in a few places, though.

I noticed another interesting change related to Prosper's new "whole loan" program - on each listing in the summary section there is now an "Initial Status" indicator to let you know whether the loan began in a Whole (W) or Fractional (F) state. W-status listings appear to be those that are/were available for large investors to purchase in their entirety, while F-status loans maintain the old restrictions (90%/10% ?).
Investing since March 2012

dontvote

• View Profile
    • Email
New Prosper Layout
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 09:27:09 PM »
New management! First order of business? Make it look like we are making changes!

If I were just going to be mean I would say lipstick on a pig. Or I would say that the New logo looks like a thought bubble with a dark cloud in it. Or that this is just lipstick on a pig.

None of those things are really true though. I think the marketing has gotten less confusing. The sales points are better formulated. The clicks to what I want to see has improved so a wrinkled thumb up!
dontvote

Interest Radar IRR: 46.11%
NSR ROI: 41.22%
Average Loan Age: Your Moms